Musician Account - February 17th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Baekhyun talked to drunk people every night, it was part of his job. It was no joke when people said bartenders are as good as therapists, listening to everybody’s troubles.

But Baekhyun always felt bartenders had an upper hand on therapists, because to him, everything was funnier when booze was involved. It made things a lot easier to pretend to listen, when the guy was so drunk that his eyes couldn’t focus anymore.

“Hey Baekhyun.”

Yixing called out, sitting at the first free stool he reached, and loosening his tie. He found his suit suffocating, but he couldn’t bother going home to change before going to the bar. HE figured if he drank enough, he’d be able to forget he was wearing the restraining clothes.

“Hey Yixing! The usual?”

Baekhyun started preparing the drink before the other even could reply. Yixing was a regular, and one of those who had the same thing every day, so the bartender just asked out of formalities.

“Here you go.”

He placed the drink in front of the depressed looking man, watching as he took a sip, and complemented the drink, like he always did.

Baekhyun often saw depressed looking man in suits at the bar during those hours, he liked serving them because most were calm and quiet, and didn’t cause any trouble. A lot of them passed by unnoticed by the bartender’s eyes, but Yixing was different. The Chinese man had quite a background story, and Baekhyun found him interesting. A musician wannabe working as an accountant. Baekhyun had only heard bits and pieces of the story, and remained curious to know more.

“The next one is on me.”

He said, tapping the counter in front of YIxing, getting the man to give him a faint smile of gratitude.

Baekhyun didn’t mind paying for a few of Yixing’s drinks, because the more the other drank, the longer he stayed around the bar, and the more he talked to Baekhyun.

 

The End. 327 Words.