Sugar Overdose - November 28th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Sequel to chapter 321 ‘Sweets Addiction’.

 

“Come on, come on! Run!”

Jongdae and Jongin rushed out of the elevator, with Jongdae a few steps ahead and rushing his friend to move faster, since he was the one with the key.

“Man, the sweets will all be gone by now! Stupid traffic jam!”

Jongin complained, having trouble to open the door. He was in such a rush that he accidentally pushed the wrong key in, and after it jamming in a bit before he was able to remove it, he had to sort through his keychain so he could locate the right one.

He was feeling incredibly guilty about his absentminded mistake, and while trying to move faster to make up for it, he ended up just messing up more.

Once the door was finally open, the two ran inside, but they already knew it was too late.

In the living room, the coffee table was filled with empty candy wrappers, so overloaded that some were even on the floor all over it. And just at an arm’s length away was Chanyeol, with a huge smile on his face that grew bigger when he saw his friends.

“OH! Hi guys!”

His voice was already higher than normal, and it went another octave higher at the end of the sentence, even though he couldn’t reach that high – which caused his voice to crack.

“Crap, we’re too late.”

Jongdae sighed, running his palm on his forehead, sweeping off the little beads of sweat that had formed.

“Guys, guys! I’m so happy right now! I feel so energized! We should do something, let’s have fun!”

Chanyeol got up, clapping manically and taping his feet. It looked like he simply couldn’t stay still, and he probably really couldn’t, after all the sugar he had digested. It was all burning out and giving him energy.

“NO! Chanyeol, calm down. God damn it, you were supposed to wrap the candies, not eat them!”

Jongin complained, walking closer and rummaging through the wrapper, trying to see if there was any left.

“Oh! Oh. Oh…”

Chanyeol’s voice started getting deeper again, but still with a whiny –childlike – attitude to it.

“Aww~ Sorry!”

He became aware of what he had done, and now he looked more depressed than energetic. He just flopped down on the couch, whining.

“You’re going to pay for the new ones.”

Jongdae simply said, joining Jongin, not to search for uneaten ones, but to start cleaning up. He waited for confirmation from the other man, but there was only silence aside from the noise of the wrappers. Jongin also found it strange, and when he turned to look at the older man, he understood why he didn’t answer.

“He overdosed.”

He simply explained, making Jongdae turn around too, and laugh. Chanyeol was passed out on the couch, sleeping heavily, with his mouth open, looking like he was seconds away from a loud snore.

“How can he fall asleep so quickly? That’s impressive. Man, he’ll feel so sick later.”

Jongdae couldn’t help but smile, because no matter how upsetting it was that the man had ate all the candy, seeing him act like a toddler that way was endearing and entertaining.

 

The End. 528 Words.