Marriage Vows - August 30th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

“Nothing? There’s nothing left?”

Baekhyun asked, his voice screeching up two tones. He was mad, incredibly mad. But at the same time, concerned. He wanted to see if he could rectify the situation, if there was still a way out of that mess.

“No money? You spent it all? Our savings?”

He continued to ask, and Chanyeol, who wouldn’t dare look at his husband at the moment, nodded lightly. The taller man was sitting on the couch, looking down at his knees, looking as guilty as they come. And Baekhyun, in his fury, was trotting around the living room, his nervousness keeping him from being able to sit down.

“ALL OF IT? There’s not 100 bucks left?”

Baehyun questioned, looking more and more desperate. And with another faint shake of Chanyeol’s head, he felt like exploding.

“50 buck? 20 bucks? 10 bucks?”

To each question, another wordless refusal. There was nothing left.

“Not even change? 2 bucks? A couple of cents?”

Baekhyun’s voice got weaker, he felt like he was about to cry. He shook his head, looking away, trying to move around more. That couldn’t be happening. It was a lie, it was a nightmare. He was dreaming, and any time now he would wake up.

“Whatever is in your wallet is what we have left.”

Chanyeol said, in the weakest voice yet, daring to peak at Baekhyun’s back, but as soon as the man turned he looked back down.

“Oh, that’s great! At least you had the respect to not go through my WALLET!”

Baekhyun screamed, letting his anger out once more, like he did once he first heard the news.

“You don’t care about emptying our accounts, our savings! Spending all that money I worked hard to get! BUT WOOOW, god forbids you go throw my wallet, THAT would be wrong!”

Baekhyun was using almost a mocking tone, but his anger was overriding everything.

“We can fix this.”

Chanyeol tried, but his words didn’t work quite as he wished.

“We? Oh no, I will fix this! You’re out. We’re done. I’m getting a divorce.”

Baekhyun said, in a more controlled manner, so Chanyeol would know he meant it.

The taller man didn’t react in the best way, getting a little angry, which wasn’t helping his cause much.

“Just like that? And what happened to ‘in sickness and in health’? Did you now mean that?”

Chanyeol argued, realizing what he did was wrong with just one glimpse of Baekhyun’s face.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t remember including in our vows that I would stay with you if you blew all our money gambling. That is a sickness alright, but it isn’t my responsibility anymore.”

Baekhyun argued back, and then got very calm, looking over to the coffee table. In a quick move, he grabbed his wallet and car keys, and walked towards the door.

“You didn’t sell the car right? Because I’m going to need it! Screw you, Chanyeol. See you never.”

Baekhyun said his ending statement, getting out of there and making sure to slam the door as he left.

 

The End. 513 Words.