For the Better - October 18th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

As the movie credits rolled through the screen, Luhan could feel Chanyeol’s intense stare on his face. With a little bit of hesitation, the Chinese man took a hold of the remote control, and turned the TV off, turning to Chanyeol with his lips tight in a rigid smile.

“So? What did you think?”

The tall man asked, his smile cutting across his face from ear to ear.

Luhan was troubled. Chanyeol had been begging for him to watch that movie for weeks already, it was one of the man’s favorite movies, and he just wanted Luhan to love it to, and the older man knew that. The problem was he didn’t really love it. He found the movie extremely confusing, and a tad boring; but he didn’t know how to say that to the man. He didn’t want to hurt his feelings, but he really didn’t want to go through that again.

“Okay, I have to say this, but after I say it, do you promise not to make me watch it again?”

With this phrase, Luhan caused Chanyeol’s smile to disappear so fast it almost turned into a frown. With hesitation, but trying to be understanding of their differences, Chanyeol nodded for Luhan to go on, ready to hear a harsh comment.

“I didn’t really like it. There was just so much going on, and I didn’t understand none of it. I’m sorry.”

Luhan felt the need to apologize, just because deep down, he wanted to like the movie too, just because Chanyeol did, but he couldn’t.

“That’s okay. Everyone has different opinions, it’s fine. I’m sorry you had to sit through it.”

Chanyeol answered, trying to smile. He was trying to be understanding, and not look sad or offended by what Luhan said, but it was really hard, because that was his favorite movie.

Luhan could see right through him, and seeing how upset Chanyeol looked made him feel upset too.

With a sigh, he made a decision for the better good of their relationship.

“Actually, you know what?”

He started out, as Chanyeol turned to him with an expression full of hope. And what he said next definitely made the man happy.

“I think I should give it another try. And maybe next time you could explain to me the things I’m not understanding, how about that?”

He said, trying his best to look genuine, and apparently he was good enough at faking it, since Chanyeol’s big smile was back.

“Thank you!”

The deep voiced man exclaimed moving over on the couch to embrace Luhan, as tightly as he possibly could.

 

The End. 435 Words.