Milestone - September 28th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

As Jongdae moved through the hallway, on his way to the kitchen, he took a long notice of Kyungsoo’s closed door. The man had been extremely antisocial lately, more than usual, and Jongdae was getting concerned.

It seemed like the man was working on something important, but he would share with anyone, and during schedules and rehearsals, he always looked like his mind was elsewhere, on this project of him.

Jongdae never knew he cared so much about other people’s business, but this was really getting to him. He didn’t even know if it was just a matter of curiousity, of the that awful feeling that he wasn’t important enough for Kyungsoo to share his thoughts with.

But then again, was anyone important enough for Kyungsoo to share his deep thoughts with?

That question kept Jongdae going, and stopped him from feeling like a failed friend.

Trying to let it go – and refraining himself from singing the frozen song as he thought of the words – he went to get the snack he wanted. As he was plating it, he hear a door opening loudly, and then hurried steps coming closer.

“Jongdae? Where’s Jongdae?”

He heard Kyungsoo’s voice coming from the living room.

“In there.”

And right after came Sehun’s response. By then, he had already turned around, and saw Kyungsoo walking into the kitchen. As soon as their eyes met, the other’s face twisted into a wonderful smile, making Jongdae feel happy and a little awkward at the same time.

“What is it?”

He asked, feeling weirded out by Kyungsoo just smiling at him like that. It wasn’t something normal.

“I finished it. I wrote a song.”

The man finally spoke.

That was amazing news, and Jongdae joined with a smile of his own when he heard it. He knew the man had talked about composing a while ago, but he had no idea that was what he had been doing.

“That’s amazing! So cool! Can I hear it?”

Jongdae sounded excited, and in the process of moving closer to Kyungsoo, he almost dropped his plate of cookies on the floor.

“Of course you can! Actually…”

Kyungsoo started, and he seemed to hesitate for a moment, before gaining confidence to go on.

“I actually was wondering if you’d like to sing it with me.”

He shyly said, looking as if he was asking a stupid question.

But Jongdae didn’t find it stupid at all. He was honored. That was such an amazing milestone Kyungsoo just reached, and the fact that the man was willing to let him take part in it was amazing. He couldn’t be happier.

“Seriously?! YES! Of course! I’d be so happy to!”

He enthusiastically answered, starting to jump up and down, but stopping it as soon as his snacks were endangered once again.

“That’s great! Thank you!”

Kyungsoo smiled brightly again, and turned away as he called Jondae with him.

“Come listen to it! I want to know what you think.”

 

The End. 495 Words.