Portraits - December 29th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

“Chanyeol!”

Kris entered the house already calling out for his friend. He only had a quick lunch break before he had to go back to work, but he still wanted to celebrate as he had planned. That morning they got the news that Chanyeol had won a very important photography competition – one that would change his career – and the entire morning at work he had been thinking of ways to treat the younger nicely, and a good lunch was the best thing that came to his mind.

He didn’t hear any voice answering his call, and the house was still completely silent. Someone else would think that there was no one home, but Kris knew where to go. When there was no response, it usually meant that Chanyeol was at his studio, developing pictures. The man did that sometimes, because even though the digital age was wonderful, he really cherished those old ways of doing things, since it was still a useful skill in many situations.

“Heey! Congratulations again!!”

Kris excitedly greeted, moving into the dark room to hug his friend, who was smiling at him and ready to accept the affection. It was obvious that Kris would spend the rest of the day doing that, but Chanyeol didn’t mind.

“Thank you!”

Chanyeol clearly looked happy, but he also looked busy, letting go of the hug and moving back to his photos.

“I came over because I think we should celebrate properly! Let me take you to lunch, I’ll pay.”

Kris talked as he observed. He didn’t really know what any of that equipment did, even though he had lived with Chanyeol for over 5 years already. He saw the man removing photos from a weird liquid, and hanging them up on a line close by.

“Yeah, ok! Can I pick somewhere expensive?”

Chanyeol joked, but deep down he did wish to go eat somewhere fancier than all the fast-food restaurants he had been going to.

“Of course!”

Kris immediately answered. He was the most financially stable of the two, but Chanyeol never really let him treat him to expensive things, always getting by with his own money; so Kris really enjoyed to have the chance to reward his best friend with something that he really wished to eat, be it expensive or not. As Chanyeol wrapped things up around there, Kris looked around, checking out the already developed photos that also hanged in the string. They were all of a very familiar face, Chanyeol’s boyfriend, Sehun. Some were black and white, others in color, all in various spots of the house and the surrounding parks, with Sehun always as the main focus of the photograph.

“Wow, you’re taking a lot of pictures of him.”

He simply mentioned as he watched Chanyeol fixing his things up in a bag now.

“Ah yeah! He’s been really helpful. I’ve been practicing portraits recently, and he had the patience to pose for me.”

Chanyeol answered as he put the bag strap on his shoulder and stood next to Kris, ready to leave.

“That’s nice.”

Kris answered, opening the door so the two of them could go out.

“Yeah, it’s nice. And if you even have some free time and want to be nice too, I’d like to shoot you too! And if you could convince your girlfriend to do it also, I’d be forever grateful! I’m going to make everyone I know help me out until I’m a pro at taking portraits. I don’t want to be a photographer who only shoots landscapes you know?”

Chanyeol suggested in a very demanding manner, laughing. Kris laughed along, finding the idea of having his picture taking a bit awkward, but he’d agree to do it in the end, since Chanyeol was a really amazing friend who always helped him out; now he wanted to help too.

 

The End. 641 Words.


AN:

It's so close to the end guys! X_X I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time!

The final foreword that I own you guys (for the angel/demon story) will be out tomorrow, and then after that come the last day, and the last drabble!!

Let's all work hard at this end of year!