The School Building at Night - September 12th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU. Sequel to chapter 251 ‘True Home in the Heart’.

 

For a few weeks now, Jongin had been hearing from the night security staff creepy stories about a ghost in the school. Things like how they heard strange noises, and how things moved around in the rooms they had just checked. And the scariest, they now reported to have countless times seen a dark figure walking around, nothing but a shadow that disappeared when they tried to follow it.

Most days, Jongin just forgot about those tales, as he had many other important matters in his head, but that particular night, it was all he could think of.

He had forgotten an important book in the school, and couldn’t prepare for the next day’s classes without it. He had to go get it.

After calling his friend in the security staff, he got ready to go.

It would be fairly quick, just go in, get his book, and come out. There was no logical reason to be scared, yet he was.

Jongin had never really been scared of horror movies, he could handle ghosts stories fairly well; he had always thought he could deal with a scary situation pretty well, but apparently he was wrong.

He went anyway, because he needed the book. Getting there and seeing the school all dark didn’t really help with his growing fear. It was creepy and he didn’t like it.

His friend let him in, but would not accompany him, staying on his post and letting Jongin go on his own, telling the man to ‘grow some balls’ and to ‘be careful of the crazy ghost’ with a smile on his face, trying to get Jongin nervous. And it had worked.

Jongin felt the adrenaline rush through his blood, and he could hear his own breathing louder than ever. Every sound was magnified, and the own sound of his footsteps seemed duplicated, making him look back to check if no one was following him several times.

‘There’s no reason to be scared’ He repeated to himself, ‘There’s nothing there’ was another phrase which became a mantra in his mind. But he was still careful, checking his surroundings often, just to feel safe.

After searching the teachers’ lounge and discovering it wasn’t there, he went to the next obvious place the book would be: a classroom.

He remembered last using it at 2-2, so that’s where he was headed first.

He hesitated by the door, but only for a second, before bashfully going in. He hit the light very quickly, and looked around. The class looked empty, but something felt weird.

Trying to ignore the strange feeling, he went to the teacher’s desk and started searching.

But something really wasn’t right, he felt like he definitely wasn’t alone there. Taking one more good look at the room, he finally located something strange. At the very back, hidden between desks, there were things on the floor. He started to move over, seeing that the space looked like a camp ground, and there was even a sleeping bag, which looked to have someone inside.

Using all the courage he had in his body and hoping to god ghosts didn’t use sleeping bags, he reached for it, revealing who was inside.

The sight probably surprised him more than if it was actually a ghost.

“Jongdae? Kim Jongdae?”

He didn’t believe his own eyes, but there the boy was, staring at him with a rigid fake smile.

“There was no time for me to escape the room, so I hoped that if I stayed still you wouldn’t notice…”

 

The End. 589 Words.


AN:

To be continued~.