Enticing Guitar - November 25th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Chanyeol was feeling quite bummed out. When he agreed to go over to his sister’s and her husband’s house for the weekend, he went with the sole intention of playing with their little baby girl.

But the entire time he had been there, she gave him no attention at all. She didn’t smile at him, she cried when he hugged her. He truly started to feel like she hated him.

His sister constantly told him not to worry, and that the baby only needs to get used to him, but he didn’t buy it. He saw many friends of theirs coming, and hugging and playing with his niece without her crying. She even smiled at them.

It was the last day of his stay, and he had officially given up. While his sister played with her baby on a mat on the floor, he just sat leaned against the sofa, with his guitar in hand, and started playing.

He was streaming lightly, playing only for himself, not wishing to be a disturbance. But something unexpected happened.

While he was playing, his little niece walked over to him, wavering in her toddler way, almost like a little drunk person. But she was going to him, voluntarily.

He continued to play, and she stood next to him, looking fascinated. She then smiled, and reached her little her to his. He then stopped playing and held her hand. While still changing the cords on his other hand, he used her little fingers to strum the strings, still making some pretty decent music.

That just made her laugh even more, this time out loud. And that was the first time he actually saw her laughing so happily like that, and it was because of him.

From her spot a little afar, his sister watched the scene, not wanting to come closer to interrupt. She was relieved that such moment finally happened, because she truly wished that her daughter would love her uncle, because he was definitely the best uncle any kid could have.

 

The End. 339 Words.