Flying Ball - August 14th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

 

It was a normal quiet day off at the EXO dorm, most boys were asleep, or doing their own thing with their various devices – computers, cellphones, etc – but a few were together, watching random things on TV to make time pass.

Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. These three had already rested enough, and now were just enjoying the feeling of having nothing to do. It was quite refreshing to have a day like that once in a while, since their schedules were usually always full, between practicing, and TV appearances and photoshoots.

Baekhyun, who was no longer paying attention to the TV, looked around, trying to find something better to watch. And he ended up finding something quite fascinating.

At first he just thought he was looking at it wrong, but after blinking several times, he realized it was real. Chanyeol, who just previously had been toying around with a small ping-pong ball, was now with his hands evenly apart in front of him, with said ball floating perfectly right in between.

Baekhyun held in his breath, observing the scene, not able to say a word yet. He watched, as Chanyeol made the ball hold still in midair for a good few seconds, and then letting it fall, just to grab it again and start getting it to float for longer.

“How are you doing that??”

He finally asked, his eyebrows furrowed, his face showing the most confused face he could conjure.

Chanyeol turned to him with a trickster smile, and turned his hands to baekhyun, so he could directly face the flying ball.

“MAGIC!”

Chanyeol said, in a very charlatan voice, moving his hands around in circles and getting the ball to float higher and then lower, accompanying the palms of his hands.

Baekhyun was mesmerized; he couldn’t believe what his eyes were seeing. It had to be a trick, but he just couldn’t understand. It made no sense.

Chanyeol toyed around with him a little more, as his expression got more and more surprised. Baekhyun was almost believing it could actually be real, when Jongdae snapped.

“It’s not real!”

The man angrily said, annoyed at Chanyeol.

“It’s a string!”

Jongdae completed, passing his hand between Chanyeol’s hand and the ball, getting a hold of something – said string – and pulling, the action bringing the ball and both Chanyeol’s hands with him, as the string was attached from his fingers to the ball.

“It’s one of those strings for magic tricks, really thin so you can barely see it.”

Jongdae shook his hand, further proving he actually was holding onto something.

And suddenly Baekhyun could see. He saw the slight glimmer of the thin string, and suddenly it couldn’t be unseen anymore. The whole magic if it was gone, and he started feeling a bit silly for almost believing it.

 

The End. 469 Words.