That Night - October 31st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

Warning: slightly failed attempt at horror.

 

They were all quiet, but not still. Every single one was too nervous to be still. So they shook their legs, tapped their fingers, walked around.

They wanted to get out, but because of the rock-fall, they were stranded. The only road of access to the cabin was completely blocked. But at that point, that didn’t even seem like the worst thing that happened. They had even started to consider just running off and trying to make their way back to civilization through the woods, even if the chances were slim. It was still a better chance at living than to stay there.

Something horrifying had been happening, and the more time that passed without their rescue arriving, the crazier each one of them felt.

People were dying.

Getting horribly murdered, each in a more terrifying way. The remaining seven men were horrified of the thought of what could happen to them. They got chills to think that all the moments of the day, there was a serial killer out there, watching their cabin, waiting for the next pray.

What was supposed to be a nice weekend in the cabin, turned into a week of terror.

The killings had begun right after they were stranded, and there wasn’t a single night of peace since. Every time they saw the announcement, no matter what they tried, they couldn’t escape it. Staying together wouldn’t work; something always happened, and they lost track of each other.

So they spent the day in constant fear, trying to prepare themselves the best they could, to be able to defend themselves from the night.

And as Jongin looked out of the window, to the large willow tree on the front of the cabin, he saw it. He had been watching the tree, and it felt like he had just blinked for one second and there it was, like magic.

“It’s there.”

Jongin whispered, not able to guard his fear, as his voice trembled. Everyone gathered around, looking out to the gloomy tree.

And there it was; the sign they so much feared. A simple straw doll, with no face – very reminiscent of a voodoo doll – nailed to the trunk of the tree with a rusty red nail.

When they first saw that, they found it weird, but only that, and then dismissed it. Nothing had happed then, so why would they suspect it? But after days and nights of psychological torture, they quickly made the connection.

“Did you see who put it there?”

Sehun asked, and Jongin answered with a simple shake of the head. He truly had no idea.

But things were getting difficult. Some of the smarter ones in the group had started to become suspicious of everything. And when Sehun and Kyungsoo traded looks after Jongin’s answer, it was because the same thought had run through their minds.

They had been long speculating, in the confidence of each other, that the most likely scenario was that this crazy serial killer wasn’t out there in the forest, but right in there with them, on the cabin. During the crazy nights, they couldn’t always keep track of each other, and one of them could be very well doing all that.

They didn’t know very well how to confirm their suspicions, or what good it would it be if they did, when they couldn’t stop him anyway. Fighting back was the only logical solution, but how does one do that, when they don’t even know who’s attacking?

In the end, there was only one thing that was certain for everyone in that room.

Someone would die that night.

 

The End. 602 Words.


AN:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Hehehehe, as you can probably tell, horror is not my strong suit~ but I really like halloween and I wanted to do something for it <3

This was a story that actually came to me a good while ago (to be a chaptered story), but I left it aside because it was horror, and I have no confidence in the genre (I can push at psycological themes a bit, but I think that's as far as I can go doing well... I just feel like I can't write scary enough, you guys >_<). I'm still thinking about it though. What I wrote here is not as impressive as I wished it would be! Maybe some day I'll gather up the courage to try? We'll see....