Hand Her Over - April 22nd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Wedding AU.

Dad!Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol was waiting still in front of the huge church doors. He fixed his suit and ran his fingers through his graying hair, wanting to look the best he could. The wedding ceremony was about to happen, the hall was beautifully decorated, and all the guests were inside. All that was missing was the bride. His daughter.

He felt nervous. He thought he wouldn’t, but he did. It was not only an emotional moment to him, but he was also terrified of making a mistake. What if he tripped? The more he thought about it, the more nervous he got.

But no matter how worried he was, the moment his daughter, who was forever his beautiful little princess, located herself beside him, his entire attention went to her. She was a woman now, and seeing her in that white wedding dress made him understand that. He wanted to cry, and with the tears already b his eyes, he held it in. He didn’t want to be the y uncool dad who cried. He wanted her to be proud of him.

They smiled at each other, and Chanyeol realized something. She was different now. The entire day, the entire week, he had seen her stress and worry about this moment. He saw her freaking out, throwing up, completely anxious. But now he saw none of that. She was happy. And that only made it harder to keep his tears in.

Seeing how sure she looked, how ready and stable she was, helped him. He didn’t feel that nervous anymore, because he knew that if she thought that she was doing the right thing, then he could rest assured that there would be no regrets.

He took a deep breath, offering his arm, and holding onto his daughter’s hand once she linked her to his. The doors would open any moment now, and they would walk in. And he’d have to hand her over to another man.

 

The End. 325 Words.