P.I. - June 14th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Joonmyun opened the door to his house, his arms filled with grocery bags. He walked in carefully, because every time his cute little daughter heard the door, she came running to him, to jump on his lap and have him hold her, and she often didn’t care if he had things in his hands.

But this time there was only silence, and he found that weird. It was Jongdae’s turn to pick her up from school, and the man never forgot it.

“I’m home…”

He called out, moving to the kitchen to drop the groceries on the counter and free his arms. He then started searching the house, which was completely silent and empty.

“Maybe they’re not back yet…?”

Joonmyun talked to himself, remembering how sometimes on the way back from school, Jongdae would stop to get ice cream, since he just loved pampering their daughter.

But that assumption went down the drain when he walked into the bedroom and saw Jongdae there, sitting on the bed, looking at some photos. He had a dark and sullen look on his face, which Joonmyun couldn’t quite figure out, but it made him worry.

“Where is..?”

“I dropped her off at my mom’s.”

Jongdae’s answer cut through his husband’s question, because he knew the first thing he’d ask about was their daughter.

“Why? And what are those?”

Joonmyun questioned, walking into the room carefully, almost like he was scared. The photos seemed to have come out of a large envelope, which was thrown to the side on the bed. Jongdae didn’t even look at him, he just kept staring at those photos.

“I had a P.I. follow you.”

Jongdae said, still not looking up. Joonmyun started sweating immediately, and his nervousness rubbed off on his voice, as it trembled when he asked.

“A private investigator? Why? What were you expecting to find?”

Joonmyun started tracing back exactly what he did that week, glad to remember he had been too busy to do anything wrong. But Jongdae didn’t specify when he hired the P.I., so he knew he wasn’t safe.

“I was expecting to find this.”

Jongdae turned the photos over, showing that it was a clear shop of Joonmyun kissing Minseok. And he passed to the next one, and the next, the photos following them all the way to a motel.

“Jongdae, I…”

“I’m moving out. I want a divorce.”

Jongdae spoke over him again, this once not to save time, but because he didn’t want to hear it. He took a suitcase he had ready by the bed, and started walking out.

“Wait! What about our daughter? Did you even think about her? We should talk about this.”

Joonmyun pleaded.

Until that moment, Jongdae had kept his calm, but he couldn’t hold it in anymore, and turned briskly, screaming.

“You’re the one who didn’t think about her! How could you do this to her?! To us?”

He took a step back and blew out a huge amount of air, to calm down again and avoid screaming more. In a completely calm and recollected stage, he started again.

“There’s nothing to talk about. I’m taking our daughter with me. If you want to see her again you better hire a good lawer for the custody fight.”

Jongdae decided that with that last statement the conversation was done, and resumed walking out, not caring to hear all the pleads Joonmyun screamed at him.

 

The End. 570 Words.


AN:

Yay, I'm back on schedule!! I'll try not to post late anymore, thank you guys so much for being patient this week XD

ps. Sorry about the sad drabble... It came to me in a dream, and I just had to write it T-T