My Pet, Your Pet - May 29th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Baekhyun glared at the cutest little puppy dog, which was prancing around the room like that was the happiest day of his life. Though the puppy acted like every day was the happiest day of his life.

“Come here boy! Do you want a treat? Come get a treat!”

Jongin called out using an affectionate tone, that Baekhyun only heard when he was addressing the dog. The younger was never that affectionate to him.

“I can’t believe you’re trading me for a dog.”

Baekhyun complained as he watched the bright puppy prance over to them, jumping around and trying to get up on the couch, but he couldn’t since he was too small, so Jongin had to pick him up and place him on his lap, giving him treats as he patted him with his free hand.

“I told you already! Tonight’s cinema date wasn’t a sure thing unless I found someone to take care of this little guy for the night. Dogs are very sensitive, especially when they’re young like this. I can’t leave him alone.”

Jongin responded, trying to sound serious, but he couldn’t stop smiling as the puppy cutely rolled around in his lap.

“I know, I heard it the first time! That’s why I agreed to stay in tonight; I understand what you’re saying.”

Baekhyun said, still glaring at the adorable pet, his jealousy being completely obvious.

“Then what’s the problem?”

Jongin asked, honestly not understanding why his boyfriend was so frustrated.

“Because we’re supposed to spend time together, but all you’ve been doing since I got here is play with him. I feel invisible.”

Baekhyun explained, and that made Jongin look up, finally facing the man.

“Sorry.”

He started, and then held up the puppy, making him face Baekhyun with his adorably sweet expression.

“But how can you say no to this cutie? He’s irresistible!”

Baekhyun wanted to contest those words, but the longer he looked at the pet, the harder it was to keep his smile in, and Jongin noticed that.

“Let’s just play with him together.”

The younger decided, placing the puppy on Baekhyun’s lap, whom immediately started petting him, and smiling.

Baekhyun couldn’t deny the puppy was adorable. Playing together was a good compromise.

 

The End. 372 Words.