Happy Birthday - October 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Family AU.

 

“Kids, come sit with me and listen to some stories.”

Yixing called out, and his family promptly obeyed, his children looking happy and excited, each carrying a slice of his birthday cake.

“You see kids, when I was about your age, my father decided to start something that became a little tradition of ours. Every year, of his birthday, he would sit with me, just like this,”

He pointed out to how they were all comfortably sitting in a circle, everyone focused on him.

“And he’d tell me stories of his youth. I had a lot of fun getting to know how my father was like before he had me, and right now, I think it would be nice to share a few of my own stories with you guys.”

He smiled, and was pleased to see that his children seemed interested.

“I have a lot of stories you know? Of me and your 11 uncles. Of course, a few of them are inappropriate for you guys to hear now, your mother said she’d kill me if I told you one of those.”

He gave a nice playful smile to his wife, who furrowed her eyebrows, trying to make a scary warning face, but ended up laughing sweetly. The children all booed a little towards their mother, because even though they were young, they were smart enough to know that the inappropriate stories would be the funniest ones.

“But I’ll tell you those when you’re older, I promise.”

Yixing jokingly whispered, knowingly loud enough for the woman to hear, making her come close. She pretended she was going to hit him, but just sat down, letting him put his arm around her and staying cuddled in his embrace.

“So kids, should we start?”

Yixing excitedly asked, and he got a loud unison ‘YES!’ from everyone.

“Ok, so let me tell you about this time you uncle Luhan lost a bet, and we had to take him to the hospital after the punishment we gave him…”

 

The End. 335 Words.