Luck - January 21th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

“Just start.”

Kyungsoo repeated to himself.

“Even if you can’t finish it, just start.”

He took a couple of pages of the messy papers in front of him, and sighed, as he already felt tired. He wanted to curse Joonmyun so much, what kind of boss accumulates so much work and dumps it on his secretary, without warning, on a weekend.

“.”

He only gave Kyungsoo two days to finish organizing that paperwork, and only the first of the 20 boxes the man had to go through looked like it would take the whole day alone. He’d never be done in time, so he didn’t even want to start.

But he had to, and so he did. The first few hours were easy, and went by smoothly, faster than he expected them to, but as he reached 6 hours of work, with only a small and rushed lunch break, his efficiency declined drastically.

His living room was a mess of dozens of paper piles and boxes, all put nicely in a system Kyungsoo had created to help the organization. He took just a minute to look up from what he was doing to acknowledge that organized chaos, but cursed right away, because that wasn’t even half of what he needed to do. It was obvious he’d have to pull an all-nighter, and he’d still be cutting it pretty close.

A few more hours went by, and the sky had already gone completely dark outside his window, but Kyungsoo didn’t even notice, as he was making so much effort to keep his focus on the organizing. He even forgot to eat dinner. The sound of his doorbell ringing was what brought him to his senses, waking up the loud growls of hunger of his empty stomach.

He peeked at his watch, wondering who’d be at his door at 11pm at night. Only one face came to his mind, and he opened the door to see exactly what he expected.

“Let’s drink!”

Yixing held two groceries bags up to the side of his face, and Kyungsoo could easily guess they were filled with beer and soju, and possibly some salty snacks.

“I can’t, I’m working.”

The Korean man groaned that phrase out, leaving the door open and dragging himself back to the living room, listening as Yixing closed the apartment’s door and followed after him.

“But it’s 11pm, what kind of work…”

Yixinh interrupted his speech as soon as he laid eyes on the clutter of the room.

“I’ve got to  get these done by Monday.”

Kyungsoo said, spreading his arms out, letting the entire scenery of papers sink in.

“Can I help?”

Yixing offered, trying to move over to the couch, risking to kick over a few well organized piles, and getting a weird look from Kyungsoo.

“Only if you don’t drink.”

The younger said and Yixing laughed.

“Right, right... So I won’t help, but I’ll keep you company.”

He said, taking a beer out of the bag and opening it without ceremony. Kyungsoo sighed deeply, probably for the 100th time already that day, and moved back to his station, in front of all of the unorganized boxes.

“Why don’t you go drink with Luhan? I won’t be able to give you any attention right now.”

Kyungsoo bluntly dismissed his friend, and hoped he’d go without a fight, but things never went as Kyungsoo hoped these days.

“No, he’s being really y. He kicked me out of the apartment again, so I thought I’d crash here with you tonight.”

And so came the 101th sigh. Having to babysit yixing was the last thing he needed at that time.

“Fine, you can sleep here. But you can’t get in the way, understand? Don’t bother me while I work.”

Kyungsoo firmly said, turning to the older with a stern look. Yixing nodded at him repeatedly, his current stance resembling one of a toddler with a bottle of milk on his hands, and how Kyungsoo wished that beer the older was holding was actually milk.

“And don’t touch anything! I have a system!”

He got a few more nods from the Chinese man, but it didn’t help him feel less concerned. Yixing wasn’t very easy to handle when he was drunk.

“Don’t worry, don’t worry! You won’t even know I’m here!”

And as he promised, Yixing stayed quiet, but Kyungsoo couldn’t help but keep an eye on him, and that was definitely slowing him down.

“How about you go to sleep on the bed?”

He soothingly offered after a while, as Yixing was dozing off already, his head falling to the side, but still holding tightly onto his bottle. He was going through all the beers he brought, including Kyungsoo’s part, and since he always fell into deep sleep when he was too drunk, the younger wished he’d move himself, because he didn’t wish to have to drag an unconscious Yixing to the room.

“Okay…”

The Chinese man was obviously pretty out of it already, and got up without much care. Staggering over to the bedroom, practically giving Kyungsoo a heart attack as he dangerously moved through the boxes and paper piles.

Kyungsoo really was unlucky. He knew he’d be up the entire night working, and would have to deal with a completely hung over Yixing the next morning. And he knew he wouldn’t be done organizing by Monday. Joonmyun would yell at him, and Yixing would throw up on his bathroom carpet. There was nothing he could do, he just didn’t have luck.

 

The End. 920 Words.