Mommy’s Secret - August 15th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

Family AU. Sequel to chapter 214 ‘Wake Up Mommy’.

 

Minseok was driving his car, taking the kids back home after a long day of work. The two were telling him about all the fun thing that happened on their day, but one thing was always at the back of his mind.

During the entire day, he kept thinking about a certain thing, and the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to know. He was almost starting to turn it into a serious obsession.

What did his son want to tell his wife?

It was probably something silly – was his first thought – since the boy was just a little kid. There couldn’t possibly be some dark secret in his mind that he could only tell his mother. But what if something happened? – was his second, and reoccurring thought – what is someone at school had been mean to him? What if he was being bullied or something?

But then, why couldn’t he tell him, only to mother?

Minseok couldn’t figure it out, and he felt stupid thinking about it. He was psyching himself out when it was probably nothing.

“Hey son. Do you remember that thing you wanted to tell mommy?”

But it didn’t hurt to ask. In the worst case scenario, if the boy still didn’t want to tell him, he could just ask his wife later. But in his logic, if the boy had forgotten about it, it was probably not important after all.

“Yeah, I do! But I’ll only tell mommy!”

The boy answered back, as stubbornly as he did in the morning.

Minseok laughed, being patient. He was already pulling into their drive way, and as soon as he stopped, the two kids got out, running inside. He followed behind, carrying not only his briefcase but also the two school bags that had been left behind.

When he entered the house, he saw his wife, hugging both kids.

“I have a secret to tell you mommy!”

The youngest said, and their older girl made herself scarce, obviously not interested in taking part of that. Minseok admired her coolness. She just walked off with not a least bit of curiosity. He couldn’t have done that.

The little boy then proceeded to whisper in his mother’s ear. The longer he spoke, the brighter the woman smiled, and larger grew Minseok’s curiosity.

“Thank you honey!”

His wife finally said when their son was done; and with a tight hug and a few lovable taps on his tiny bottom, she sent him off.

“Welcome home.”

She finally addressed him, and after he gave her a sweet peck on the lips, he went straight to business.

“What did he tell you? What was the secret? He kept saying he’d only tell you.”

Minseok asked with a smile in his face already, feeling silly and slightly petty. And without a doubt, his wife started laughing, right away realizing he was dying of curiosity.

“Oooh~? I don’t think I should tell you~. It’s a secret after all!”

She at first, but as soon as she saw his pleading look, she spilled out the secret, not wanting to make him suffer more than what he already had.

“Nothing much, really~. He saw a woman on television being called pretty by the people around her, and he wanted to tell me he thought I was prettier.”

His wife said, giggling as she leaned forward, holding onto his arms. Minseok started laughing, feeling a huge relief for it not being any of the terrible things he thought, and also feeling embarrassed for making such a fuss out of it in his head.

“I agree with him, you know?”

He finally said once he stopped laughing.

“You are the most beautiful woman in the world.”

He finished, immediately getting a hug from his giggling wife.

 

The End. 632 Words.