Is It Okay? - October 29th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

College AU.

 

“Oh good, you’re back.”

Baekhyun greeted Chanyeol as soon as he entered their dorm room. The boy was relaxing on the bottom bed of their bunk beds – which was Chanyeol’s – and he sat up as soon as he saw the tall man.

“I have something to tell you.”

He announced, and Chanyeol didn’t think much of it, just placing his bag on the floor and siting at their single study desk’s chair, so he could face Baekhyun.

“Go ahead.”

He allowed, expecting some silly joke or anecdote, as that was usual from his friend, but as Baekhyun’s face got serious he got worried.

“Look I really hope you don’t mind this.”

Baekhyun started, looking incredibly suspicious, and only making Chanyeol feel more nervous.

“The thing is, I was really needing to buy my new textbook, the teacher had complained a couple times already, but as you know, I’m broke.”

Baekhyun started explaining, looking rather natural, but Chanyeol could feel that something was wrong.

“So I took a 200 bucks from your safe ok?”

The man threw those words out there, and it took exactly 5 seconds – almost like they were at a stare battle – for Chanyeol to process what had happened.

“WHAT?”

He got up. Chanyeol didn’t even know what he was feeling at the moment, with such a mixture of anger, confusion, and surprise inside of him.

“Dude, that’s not okay!”

He started, and was about to go into real complaining mode, but Baekhyun laughed, which made him pause.

“Man, chill! It was a joke!”

Baekhyun said as he laughed, and Chanyeol sighed, releasing the tension that moment had created. But he suddenly Baekhyun stopped laughing, getting serious again.

“I took your credit card instead.”

The man blurred out, and Chanyeol could almost feel his head spinning out of place.

“What??? DUDE!”

He was about to flip out once again, but Baekhyun laughed again. Chanyeol realized that was another lie, but he didn’t find it at all amusing like his friend thought.

“I lied again~, calm down, sit.”

Baekhyun said, motioning for Chanyeol to return to the chair, as his towering tall figure was intimidating.

“Truth is…”

Baekhyun started, and Chanyeol looked at him with startled eyes, not wishing to hear another worrisome phrase, but holding his breath as he waited for it.

“All I did was steal one of your meal coupons.”

Baekhyun confessed. Chanyeol exhaled deeply, placing his head rested on his hands as he tried to recover from that emotional rollercoaster.

“See? What I did doesn’t sound so bad after hearing those extreme news, right?”

The man chuckled, enjoying the fact that Chanyeol was so shocked he didn’t even have the energy to get mad at him.

 

The End. 451 Words.