I Wanna Be a Billionaire - August 16th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Office AU.

 

“Man…”

Jongdae started as soon as they walked out of their work building, and by the tone of his voice, Sehun knew he was about to whine or complain.

“Bruno Mars really gets me with his song. It’s like he read my mind and wrote it down.”

The man vaguely said, and then became quiet, obviously waiting for a response.

“Which song?”

Sehun asked, deciding to indulge him. It was better to keep the older man talking about something, that way he wouldn’t have a break to start nagging at him.

“I wanna be a billionaire, so freaking bad~.”

Jongdae sang, smiling. Sehun couldn’t help but laugh too, as he nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I think a lot of people want that.”

Sehun was still laughing, and barely paying attention to the floor beneath him, and he was about to step on a piece of paper, when Jongdae’s pull on his shoulder made him stop.

“Look, it’s a lottery ticket. What a coincidence! Someone must have lost it.”

The older man said, picking it up.

“That’s a pity. The numbers came out last night right?”

Sehun simply mentioned, not meaning much by his words, but with the gleaming look they caused on Jongdae’s face, he knew something was up.

“Let’s check it!”

Jongdae exclaimed, completely excited. But Sehun’s complete lack of enthusiasm made him feel the need to reaffirm his statement.

“Come on, what’s the harm in checking it? At best, if there’s a few numbers right, we get a couple of bucks. We can share it.”

Jongdae pushed his idea on, and after a couple of seconds deliberating, Sehun decided to take part in it, taking his phone out of this pocket.

He typed for a bit, searching the internet, and once hit was on the page they needed, he handed it over to Jongdae.

“Here, check it. I doubt we’ll win anything anyway. The owner probably checked it and threw it out when it gave him nothing.”

Sehun said, not a single drop of hope in his body, very different from Jongdae, whose expression was overflowing with expectance.

“Don’t be so pessimist! Let’s see…”

Jongdae started checking the numbers, getting happy right away when the first ones matched. Sehun just observed, seeing the man’s smile starting to disappear slowly as he concentrated. Sehun got intrigued, because Jongdae didn’t look sad, like they lost, he just looked focused. It was like he was checking more than once, like he couldn’t believe it.

After only a few more seconds, Jongdae spoke, looking up to Sehun with an almost fightened look.

“They match…. All… We won…”

The two stared at each other, in silent surprise, letting it sink in.

“No way!”

Sehun screamed, a huge smile started to show on his face.

“WAY! Dude, check it for yourself! We’re rich!!”

Jongdae smiled back, passing the ticket and phone back to Sehun so he could see it with his own eyes.

The younger took a couple seconds, double checking it just like Jongdae did, and once he was done, he was jumping in joy.

“We’re rich!”

The two proceeded to jump around and hug each other, probably feeling the happiest they ever felt in their entire lives so far.

 

The End. 537 Words.