The Cliff - September 27th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Baekhyun took a peek down the cliff in front of him, a string pulling on his heart because of the terrifying sight. His breathing became shallow and he felt his hands and feet growing cold, as his head felt light as a feather. He was pretty close to passing out.

“Holy , are we really doing this?”

He said, as loud as he could so the man behind him could listen, since the noise of the wind was incredibly overbearing up there.

“What? Listen up,”

Jongdae started. Baekhyun looked back to see the man straping up, as the instructor beside him checked if everything was tight and safe, just like he had done a few minutes ago with Baekhyun’s own straps.

“You’re the one who wanted to go paragliding! Don’t freeze up on me now, I’m not doing this without you.”

Jongdae talked back, looking slightly annoyed, but behind that, Baekhyun could see on his face that he was also scared.

“How about we both quit then?”

He had to ask, with a cheeky smile. Jongdae scoffed at him, barely believing what he just heard.

“No no! It’ll be amazing! You’ll see!”

The instructor said, making Jongdae walk over to the edge of the cliff, next to Baekhyun.

“It’ll be just like the practice! Just a little higher this time.”

The man continued, making it sound very easy. But it wasn’t the gliding part that the two man were scared of. It was the taking off part.

“See? It’s not that high.”

The instructor pointed down, and upon looking, both friends stepped back.

“Aw man, if we give up now, we’ll never hear the end of it… Chanyeol is going to be all over our case about how we gave up when it got to the real thing…”

Jongdae said, but on the inside he was feeling the same thing Baekhyun previously felt, and his body just went even colder with the thought of actually doing it.

“We have to do it.”

Baekhyun said, pulling out courage from somewhere in his being, and turning to his friend with a determinate face, placing his fist out.

“Let’s face it, and show everyone we are capable of anything!”

He screamed out in a motivating way, as if he was a king of old, leading his army to war. And as weird as if might have sounded for other people, it got Jongdae pumped up.

“Let’s!”

The man screamed back, fist bumping Baekhyun.

The two turned to the instructor, who had a silly smile on his face as he watched then. With amazing conviction, the two gave him an assertive nod, ready to take on the challenge, hiding their fear behind a huge wall of groundless courage.

 

The End. 454 Words.