Cry - April 26th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

When he was younger, Tao was the sort of boy who cried every day.  And he had reasons to cry, because he was always picked on by the other kids. On later years, he couldn’t tell anymore if he cried because he got picked on, or if he got picked on because he cried. It was like the chicken or egg dilemma all over again.

But still, he cried a lot. And he saw no wrong in it. If you’re sad, you should cry.

That’s not what other people thought though, and they always made sure to tell him.

‘A boy shouldn’t cry’

‘Man up’

‘Don’t be a girl’

He must have heard so many opinions on the matter, that when someone started speaking about it, he was able to guess the words that were coming out.

He still didn’t change. He grew up, became a teenager, then an adult, and he still cried when he wanted to. Granted, he now hid himself to do it, but he still did. Because he knew. He knew that it was his life, and he had the right to do what he wanted.

There’s no use in holding tears in. All you do is build up tension that will blow out eventually. And in a bigger way than it should.

That’s why, whenever Tao cried, he cried until he felt he didn’t need to cry anymore. And he couldn’t really prove that it was because of this, but he could tell that he led a much more stress free life than the people around him. He saw the suffering of the people who kept everything inside them. But he didn’t comment on the way they should live their lives, because he absolutely hated when people did that to him.

Really, who was him to tell someone else what they should do? Why should anyone feel entitled to tell someone else how they should act?

 

The End. 321 Words.