Pillar - October 26th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Teacher AU.

 

Somedays it was hard. There were times he didn’t feel like he was doing the best he could. But that was something everyone feels at least once in their life, and for Joonmyun, he could firmly say that he was mostly proud of what he did.

Being a teacher is not the most famous job, neither the most applauded. It is one of the most difficult ones though, and also the most rewarding – he thought.

To be able to see the change that his work caused, on an everyday basis, was incredibly gratifying. He could see how his hard work payed off, as his focused students improved more and more each day. He loved to see the glow of understanding when one of the kids was able to solve a problem he had explained.

And even if every class had a troublemaker or two, which mostly didn’t matter; because even those kids who didn’t want to study, were learning different things as they stayed in the institution.

It was beautiful to watch as each and every one of those kids changed, growing up slowly, gradually forming their opinions and concepts of the world.

And the fact that he was influencing them made him feel so powerful, so inclined to do his utmost best.

So even when he had a bad day, or woke up sad because of some random reason, he tried his best to stay strong, so he could be a proper role model, and a strong stone pillar for those kids to lean on.

 

The End. 256 Words.