Only Beautiful Memories - November 8th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Drabble for week one of the competition, originally with Ravi from VIXX.

Prompt: “The fact that we loved was beautiful” – VIXX LR’s ‘Beautiful Liar’. Exactly 500 words.

 

Sehun entered the busy streets of the market, almost feeling lost in the whole confusion. His roommate had put him in charge of the ingredients for their dinner, and directed him to that place, for cheaper prices.

He had to stop and take a couple of seconds to center himself, looking around to try and locate what he needed. He started to walk again, wanting to make it fast, but the more steps he took, more he found things that fascinated him. He ended up strolling around all the booths, observing all the market had to offer. He got distracted, forgetting all about the list in his hand, and just enjoying the atmosphere. The beautiful confusion of the market had become endearing to him, it felt like a nice place to be at.

But the warmth he was feeling in his heart didn’t last long. In the crowd of voices, he heard something that was once very dear to him. A sweet laughter that long ago had brought him so much happiness, but now gave him cold chills. The mesmerizing voice of his ex-girlfriend, very close to him.

She was only one booth away, and he easily found her. Smiling brightly, she turned to someone who was next to her, a guy. It was her new boyfriend.

She seemed happy, at peace. Sehun felt broken inside every time he thought of her, so many regrets, so many mistakes. But what he always wished was to see her well, for her to have a better life than him.

His body felt cold, his tongue was trapped. Should he talk to her? How would she react after being apart for so long?

He just stared, and in a moment, for a quick glimpse, their eyes met. She saw him, she recognized him. But her stare didn’t hold; she looked away. She wouldn’t talk to him.

He knew it would be like that, and it was probably for the best. If they met now, it would probably open up some bad wounds. And he didn’t want that. He had just finally come into terms with the end of their relationship, and he didn’t want to undo all the work he went through.

It was hard to let go, for a long time he only thought of the bad things. What he could have done better, what went wrong. But he had slowly trained himself, fiercely, to only think of the good things. Of how they started, of the sweet moments they had. He liked it better that way.

If just seeing her, hearing her voice, made him think about the bad again, then he shouldn’t speak to her, it would only make it worse.

He’d let her go. And in his heart, he’d keep the warm memories of their times together. He’d mask away his pain, and think of how beautiful their love was. Even if it was not everlasting, it was love nonetheless, and it held a special place in his memories.

 

The End. 500 Words.


AN:

There ^^ as the header said, this was the first drabble of the competition~ 

While I'm editing these, I'm trying not to change much (only changing names mostly, though there are some drabbles that I had to change a lot.... but I'll explain when I get to posting those!) because I want to show each weeks' challenge, since it was a very fun experience ^^ And the word limit was a very important part of the challenge, so I just decided to showcase it like that.

I'll be posting them every other day, so please look forward to that ^^