Dynamic - September 29th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

AU.

 

Chanyeol was the athletic type of guy. He liked being outdoors, working out on his body, having adventures. There wouldn’t be a day where he just sat quiet, it was impossible for him.

Joonmyun was a very lazy person. He didn’t like moving much, and enjoyed staying in the most. He liked watching movies, and taking naps. Even at his line of work, he had the pleasure of sitting most of the day.

Those two started dating somehow.

And now, 1 kilometer into the hiking trail, Joonmyun was questioning everything. Not only why in the heck he ever accepted to do such strenuous activity, but how he and Chanyeol had managed to make it work for over 5 months already, being so different like that.

“Ok, I’m done. I can’t go any further.”

He said, in between pants as he moved quickly over to a large rock he located and sat on it.

“Oh sorry, are you tired? I didn’t realize.”

Chanyeol said as he came back, since he was walking ahead of his boyfriend. He sat down next to Joonmyun, and opened the backpack he was carrying, handing the man a bottle of water.

“Thank you.”

Joonmyun said in a whisper, feeling too tired to even lift it to his mouth, but his thirst was stronger, so he promptly took a few gulps.

The two sat quietly for a while, resting. After Joonmyun’s breathing seemed to go back to normal, and he was looking more relaxed, Chanyeol spoke up.

“Should we go back now?”

The man pointed to the way back on the path, and joonmyun groaned right away. Just thinking about walking all the way back seemed like torture.

“Come on, you can’t just stay here. This rock is not gonna be too comfortable to sleep in.”

Chanyeol teased, getting up straight away.

“I can just use you as a pillow.”

Joonmyun wittily answered, giving his boyfriend a cheeky smile.

Chanyeol chuckled, taking Joonmyun’s hand and pulling him up.

“Come on. I’ll guide you through the easy steps.”

Joonmyun groaned again, but he started moving.

Looking at Chanyeol’s back as he followed, still holding onto the man’s hand, he realized it. They were together because they liked each other. He loved that Chanyeol was outgoing, and he loved that the man would often challenge him to get out of his cocoon and try out something new. And at the same time, he loved how Chanyeol respected the days when he just wanted to lazily stay in, and sometimes even joined him, cuddling on the couch while they watched a movie.

They were so different, but every quirky trait in each of them added to their dynamic relationship. That’s why it worked.

 

The End. 453 Words.