Date? What Date? - September 20th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Tao was sitting comfortably on his couch, watching TV in his PJ bottoms, enjoying the fact he didn’t have anything to do that day.

Then the doorbell rang, and he was forced to move. While groaning due to his laziness, he dragged his feet to the door. He looked through the peephole, and saw his boyfriend Kris.

It was such a nice surprise, he opened the door right away.

“Hi!”

He happily greeted, but Kris frowned, looking him up and down, looking surprised by Tao’s comfortable attire.

“Why aren’t you dressed? Did you forget we were going out?”

Kris asked even before he went in.

And then Tao realized; he did forget. If this was a cartoon, there would be the noise of shattering glass as Tao stared at Kris with a hard to miss surprise expression. And then he remembered everything, how he had promised Kris a date to make up for a horrible double date he had made them go the week before. And they had set it for that day. Tao just couldn’t understand how he could forget.

“N-no, I didn’t forget. I-I just thought it was going to be la-later, not now.”

Tao tried to cover up his mistake, unaware that Kris had already read him completely.

“You’re stuttering. You only do that when you’re lying. You did forget.”

Kris looked at him with a completely unamused expression as he went in.

Tao couldn’t help it, all he felt he could do was look at his boyfriend with an apologetic face, trying to make it cute too, to see if Kris would forgive him. And with just one look at that face, Kris sighed and spoke again.

“It’s fine, just go get changed. I’ll wait.”

He said, and sat on the couch, letting Tao rush off to his room.

The younger man was surprised in himself at how quickly he was able to change, and still look fairly decent. He tried to look good but not take too long on it, and succeeded.

“I’m ready.”

He said as he got back to the living room, and realized Kris had been watching the TV he had left on.

“You were watching Sponge Bob? Really?”

Kris asked, a teasing smile on his face as he pointed to the screen.

Tao blushed a little, but stood his ground. He loved watching cartoons.

“I was, so what? What’s wrong with Sponge Bob? It’s funny!”

He crossed his arms and pouted, and Kris laughed loudly.

“I shouldn’t be taking you to an amusement park then. You’re only going to wat to ride the kids rides.”

Kris said as he continued to laugh, and Tao happily joined him.

“You’re taking me to an amusement park? You’re the best!”

He said as he reached over, forcing Kris to stand up so he could hug him.

 

The End. 472 Words.