Keep Standing - December 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Single-Dad!Chanyeol + Son!Sehun. Sequel to chapter 190 ‘Single Parent’.

 

Sehun let his body slide down in the car seat. He had an officer beside him, and there were two more in the front seat – which was to be expected, that being a police car and all – he didn’t expect to be found so quickly, so he felt more embarrassed than angry about it. It hadn’t been the first time he went away, and definitely not the first time he was being brought bag in the back of a police car.

But something in him felt different. He didn’t know if it was because of the way the cops acted towards him – usually all the past times they were very caring, and treated him carefully, like he was a scared child, but this time they really just treated him like a meaningless teenager, which made him feel very small – or if it was because even he knew that that situation had happened way too many times already. He was almost feeling scared of facing his dad, he wondered what sort of thing would be said.

Once the car stopped in front of his house, he felt his heart beating faster, and looking out the window, he could see his father, standing in the doorway, looking over with tired eyes. For a split second, he felt pity for the old man. But his poorly developed teenager brain quickly brought it all back to his own concerns. He was dreading having to get out and face the man, he didn’t want to get screamed at. And he remembered clearly the way his father was last time, so he felt that for sure, he’d be grounded for a long time.

The officers open the door for him, and he hesitated, but he knew he had to get out. He walked slowly, being escorted to the door by his driver. The officers said some things to his father, but he didn’t quite catch any of it, as he stopped a few feet away, looking over at the old man with hesitation. He felt like getting ready to brace himself for the scolding of his life, but his dad didn’t look mad yet. He still only looked tired, and very sad.

His father quickly responded the officers, and people backed away, giving them some space. Since Sehun wouldn’t step any further, his dad started to walk towards him. Sehun could barely look at the man’s face once he got closer and closer. He prepared himself to hear some screams, maybe some threats, and definitely a lot of grounding conditions, but none of that came his way.

He suddenly felt his father’s arms wrap around his body, and he was embraced in warmth. He could feel a shagged breath from the man’s body, and he also quickly heard what it meant. His dad was crying. He had only seen his father cry once before, when his mother had died. Knowing that the man was boldly crying in front of all those people, in front of him, made Sehun feel something piercing through his heart. Suddenly he was overwhelmed with countless emotions which he didn’t quite know he had, or even knew what they were. He couldn’t explain what he was feeling, but the overall of it didn’t feel nice. He could tell that the major thing he felt was also sadness, just like his father.

Wrapping his arms around the tall man’s torso, Sehun hugged his back tightly, burying his head in his father’s shoulder to try to hide the fact that he too was now crying.

“I’m sorry, dad.”

He muttered, and he felt his dad’s grip tighten. He could feel the man taking some deep breaths, trying to stop crying.

“We’re going to be okay, son. It’ll all be okay.”

Sehun head the man respond still mid sobs and gasps. He felt so many things, so much pain, so much sadness, so much relief. He still couldn’t explain, so he only cried, holding onto his father and depending on his larger and stronger body to keep him standing.

He was done with running away. It had been enough, he needed to be good now; for his father, and for himself. They could have a peaceful life together, if he tried as hard as his dad did. Then they would really be okay.

 

The End. 718 Words.