Promise - January 27th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

OT12

High School AU

 

“Do Kyungsoo! Wait for me!”

Baekhyun’s voice cracked more than once as he called for his friend, who walked ahead through the dark school hallways, holding the only source of light they had.

“You should have brought your own lantern, I warned you.”

The shorter boy responded, not even looking back or slowing down for the other, who ran to catch up, attaching himself to Kyungsoo’s arm like his life depended on it.

“I’m scared! I hate this, who was the who suggested we did this here?”

Baekhyun was trembling slightly, his head turning to the direction of every shadow or form that seemed suspicious. He was completely familiar with the path, as he walked it every day, but at night, everything was scarier, and reaching their classroom seemed to be taking twice as long than usual.

“Sehun did, he said it would be cooler.”

Kyungsoo answered mindlessly, not at all bothered by the darkness of the creepy school. It wasn’t the first time he was roaming around there at night, and after a few times, he didn’t find it as impressive as before.

“Oh, that little son of a , I’m going to cut his tongue out and feed it to the pigs…”

Baekhyun growled, trying to be intimidating, but his hunched over figure, trembling and glued to Kyungsoo, wouldn’t do much to scare anyone. It was his first time visiting the school after hours, and he didn’t like it the least bit, his little shrieks and screams now and them making it very obvious.

“We’re here, you can let go now.”

Kyungsoo announced, opening the door to the classroom and turning off his flashlight, as the room was completely brightened by countless candles spread all around.

The tables were pushed aside, and in the center ten other boys gathered in a circle, chatting light heartedly while they waited for them.

“They’re here! We can start.”

Luhan stated, waving at the two by the door, rushing them in. They joined the circle, exchanging greetings with everyone.

“We could hear you screaming from a mile away.”

Chanyeol teased, poking Baekhyun’s arm, who practically barked at him, telling the boy to shut up.

“So, how do we do this?”

Jongdae asked, looking around with a sly smile on his face, his eyes lastly landing on Joonmyun, who seemed to be the one to always take the lead in those situations.

“Let’s just go straight into it.”

The short boy promptly started, as expected. And for once, all had their focus on him, which was completely out of ordinary, as he always struggled to get his words through those eleven boys. But he didn’t let that surprise him, as it only showed how important they all felt that moment was.

“We’re here to make a promise. The twelve of us, best friends all throughout high school, are graduating soon. And with that, we all have our own different paths to follow.”

Joonmyun paused, feeling a lump in his throat, the feeling of nostalgia for the simpler times hitting him, even though those times weren’t exactly gone yet. They all felt it, and most nodded lightly, all serious, their minds tracking their hopes for the future.

“And so let’s make this promise, that in exactly twelve years from now, no matter what has happened in our lives, we will return to this spot, this school.”

Joonmyun looked around quickly, wanting to take in the moment, to engrave into his heart how important those boys were to him, so he’d never forget.

“And we’ll hang out together again, just like we do now, and prove to everyone else out there, that our friendship is forever.”

He finished, trying not to tear up, as he knew they’d make fun of him for that later.

Minseok, Luhan, Yifan, Joonmyun, Yixing, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongdae, Jongin and Sehun. The twelve knew a lot would change in their lives, but they all wished for one thing not to change. And now they had all promised it wouldn’t.

 

The End. 671 Words.