Say Goodbye - April 18th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan waited, sitting on the couch, his phone by his ear. Baekhyun wasn’t answering, and that probably was the 20th time he was calling. The last time the two spoke were a few hours ago, when Luhan’s house was filled with people, all partying around, having a good time. But Luhan’s wasn’t. He was waiting for Baekhyun. Because he threw that party for him, to celebrate his birthday. But as always, Baekhyun was stuck at work. And that’s what they talked about, or better argued about.

Luhan just couldn’t take it, he was so annoyed that Baekhyun was still working when the party was already going, that he just hung up. His boyfriend promised he’d be there in time.

But there it was; the party was long finished, and no sign of the man. And now he wasn’t even answering his phone. Luhan was completely done with the situation. He threw his cellphone to the side, and took the remote. He the news, watching it with glass eyes, not really focusing. He was too busy thinking of what he would say to Baekhyun when he got home. He wanted to yell at him, fight with him.

He was so angry. But not angry enough to recognize something on the TV. He started paying attention, feeling startled to see that the street Baekhyun works on is on the news. Suddenly he starts understanding what the reporter was saying, and it feels like a rock was dropped on his heart.

There was a fire. And the camera pans over, focusing on the building, that was now almost completely burned down, and unrecognizable, but Luhan knew it. I was Baekhyun’s work place.

Worry filled his mind like it never had. When did it happen? Was Baekhyun still inside? Did anyone die?

He was shaking, finding difficulty to catch his breath. The reporter wasn’t explaining anything he wanted to know, and that made his more aggravated. And then the screen finally showed some number. 20 dead and 57 injured. He gasped, his eyes filling up with tears.

What if Baekhyun was dead?

He couldn’t live with it. He couldn’t live without Baekhyun. Now he regretted hanging up like that, without saying goodbye. But he still couldn’t believe it. He rushed to his cellphone, and dialed the number again, but there was the same outcome.

Why wasn’t he answering? Did something really happen?

Luhan had never felt so much pain before, he could barely stand. And he didn’t try to. Falling to the ground, he clenched his chest, sobbing like he never had before. He couldn’t believe it.

 

The End. 435 Words.