No Turning Back - August 20th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU. Sequel to chapter 231 ‘Not a Hero’.

 

“Hey, stop it!”

Chanyeol called out.

The scene in front of him was unpleasant to his eyes, and he couldn’t hold back anymore. Jongdae was on the ground, along with his bag, all books thrown around. He was being called names, nudged with foots, made fun of.

How was that right? The poor boy did nothing to deserve such treatment.

“What did you say?”

Sehun turned back, looking straight into Chanyeol’s terrified eyes. The latter had just realized what situation he had gotten into. He had to be careful, or his own comfort would be lost.

“I said stop it. I think he’s had enough, don’t you?”

This time wasn’t as powerful as the first one. His words got weaker, and his mind started to worry. But deep in his heart, he knew it was right, that was what he had to do.

“No, I don’t really.”

Sehun answered, a calm and stoic expression on his face, as he picked up a notebook that was dropped by his feet.

“Do you see this? They just ripped off the used pages and made him use him again. What a cruel family. They’re asking us to treat him this way.”

Sehun continued, waving the notebook a bit, his stare still focused on Chanyeol, whose courage was wavering.

“Plus, he hasn’t asked us to stop, why should you?”

Sehun threw the notebook back without looking, the old torn object hitting Jongdae’s shoulder.

Chanyeol hesitated, feeling like backing down, and restoring the normal order of things. But he saw something, looking through the circle of bullies, gazing straight into Jongdae’s eyes. He was hurting. He wanted it to stop, he wanted peace. So Chanyeol gulped down his own fear and pride. His own peace and comfort didn’t matter now, not anymore.

“Because it’s not right.”

Chanyeol firmly said, taking one step forward. He tried to be intimidating, but Sehun and his little gang didn’t look the least phased. None moved a muscle.

“And by the way, you’re an .”

Chanyeol completed, and a collective gasp could be heard. By the simple twitch of Sehun’s eyebrows, Chanyeol knew he was pissed. He could slightly see the target moving away from Jongdae and drawing itself on his back.

But it didn’t matter now. Now he was a hero of some sorts, and heroes don’t back down. So he stepped up, passing right through Sehun and leaning down, picking up Jongdae’s things. As soon as he started to do so, Jongdae went along, gathering everything he could, very quickly.

Giving back what was Jongdae’s, and quietly telling the boy to get up and follow him, he turned back to Sehun.

Trying his best to copy the popular boy’s trademark stoic look, and adding a bit of his own sass into it, Chanyeol stared Sehun down. And then – while praying to god that they wouldn’t be followed and beaten up – he just walked away, making sure to bump shoulders with Sehun on his way.

He stood his ground, and there was no turning back. So he just walked on, hearing Jongdae’s rushed footsteps behind him.

 

The End.  517 Words.


AN:

Heey~~ 

I'm so glad you guys agree with me about turning this into a fic! I got really carried away thinking about this idea, and I'll definitely turn it into a full story! Please look forward to it!

The list on the foreword has been updated~ ^^

 

Edit: This drabble (and its prequel) is being turned into a full story! Check it out here.