Responsibility - May 23rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

School AU.

 

Baekhyun gazed out of his classroom’s window, ignoring the complete mess that his classmates were causing as they had fun during lunch break. He’d usually be there in the mess with them, but that day he had a lot on his mind, and all that thinking and concern was draining his energy.

“You’re not dropping out of school though, are you?”

Jongdae, one of his best friends, asked.

“I don’t know.”

Baekhyun sighed, unsure of what to do.

His girlfriend was pregnant. They had been careless with protection, and now she was carrying his baby. He wished it would just sink in for good, but he found it hard to wrap his mind around it. From time to time he went back to feeling and acting like a normal high school student, and then he remembered the situation he was in. The situation they were in. his girlfriend was probably suffering with that a lot more than he was. It was her body that was changing after all.

“We’re going to tell our parents tonight… I’m scared how they’ll react.”

Baekhyun said, his mind starting to run possible scenarios of what would happen. No matter what, it always seemed to end bad. He couldn’t think of a way that that sort of talk could go right.

“Wow, I bet you are… Her dad is super scary. Good luck.”

Jongdae said as he tapped his friend’s back. The boy was trying his best to be helpful and supporting, but he felt as lost as Baekhyun. He was scared that he would lose his best friend.

Baekhyun felt terrible. Because of one mistake, not only his life was changing, but everyone’s around him was too. His girlfriend’s, their parents, their friends. Everyone was changing.

And as much as he didn’t want to change, he had to. His girlfriend was pregnant, and he had to take responsibility.

 

The End. 314 Words.