Study Harder - February 9th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

School AU.

 

The bell rang, and the entire class got up to leave, the noise they were making almost covering over Kim Joonmyun’s voice as he reminded them of their homework.

He was used to being ignored; only a few students respected him. But he knew that’s what his year would be like the second it was announced that he’d be in charge of the troublemakers class.

“Jongdae. I need to speak to you for a moment.”

But he still tried his best. Everyone had given up hope for those kids, but he wouldn’t. He’d do what he could to make those students improve.

“Yes Mr.Kim?”

With a bored tone of voice, and a roll of eyes, Kim Jongdae stopped on his way to the door, giving the finger to his friends, who for having to stay behind and get lectured by their teacher.

“Your grades really dropped this semester.”

Joonmyun started, and seeing the rather empty stare of the student, he continued as firmly as possible.

“I’ll tell you the truth, your grades were already pretty bad as they were, if they keep going down, you’re going to be held back a year.”

Joonmyun assumed that would be a proper wake up call, but the boy didn’t even flinch, holding tight to his ‘I couldn’t care less’ expression. He just stared back, waiting for a response, and noticing that, Jongdae spoke up.

“Is that all, Mr.Kim?”

The teacher sighed, wondering what he had to do to get his words through to those kids. Every day was tiresome, no matter whom he tried talking to.

“Study harder.”

That was all he could say and it had become his ending line to almost every conversation, so as soon as he heard that, Jongdae knew he was dismissed.

“Yes sir.”

The boy heartlessly said as he turned away from the older, rushing his way out, hoping to catch up to his friends.

Joonmyun sighed once more, staring at the empty classroom. The day had worn him out, but all he could do was go home and try to rest, knowing that the next day he’d have to do it all over again.

 

The End. 361 Words.