Artificial Life - March 4th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Futuristic AU.

 

Sehun slowly opened his eyes, the bright lights of the entirely white room blinding him momentarily. He sat up, looking around as his eyes adjusted to the newly found clarity. He was in a small room, which had nothing in it but the bed he was currently on, also fully white.

His head was pounding, and everything felt a bit hazy, and he had no idea how he got there. The last thing he remembered was being inside a falling building, the wreckage from the ceiling falling on him being the strong image his brain could retrieve.

But he didn’t feel hurt. Aside from his head, his body felt fine, He even took the liberty of standing up, doing so with ease, for someone who supposedly had just been in an accident.

Out of human instinct, he went to the only door available in the room, which he had noticed even though it was also painted white and blending with the wall, putting his hand on the doorknob. He tried opening, but it was locked. He backed away, pondering what to do, since staying locked in there didn’t seem like a cheerful option, and as he thought, the door was unlocked, and someone came in.

It was Tao, his best friend from childhood, and recently turned boyfriend. But he looked different.

“You’re awake!”

The man exclaimed as soon as he entered, throwing his arms around Sehun and holding him tightly. Sehun hugged him back, but he still felt confused, and the sound of Tao’s voice, plus the mixture of sounds he could hear coming from the other side of the door made his head pound harder, and he couldn’t avoid the frown that came to his face, as his bod tried to flinch away.

“What’s going on? What happened to me, and what is this place?”

He asked, and Tao finally released him, noticing the bothered expression right away, and turning around to close the door.

Just like that, with the room in absolute silence again, Sehun’s head started feeling better.

“I saved you.”

Tao said in a whisper, knowing how sensitive the other was at the moment.

“You saved me?”

Sehun asked, his confusion being very justified, as last he remembered Tao was nothing more than the computers tech at the firm they both worked at, not a doctor.

“You had an accident. The SM Corporation building collapsed, and you were inside.”

Tao talked as softly he could, and moved Sehun gently, so he would sit back on the bed. He sat next to him to continued explaining in a more comfortable position, and as calmly as he could, trying to control his happiness to see Sehun awake.

“The doctors who tried to rescue you failed, and you fell into a coma. They told me it was no use keeping you alive with the machines, because you’d never wake up, your body was too destroyed.”

As Tao said that, Sehun looked down, checking himself. He still felt no pain, and his body seemed to be in one piece. So far in the explanation, all he felt was more confused. What happened?

“But I didn’t give up, Sehun. I couldn’t. So I worked, I studied, I did my best. And I saved you.”

Tao had started tearing up as he spoke, reaching to hold Sehun’s hand. He was completely overwhelmed to be speaking to sehun again, hearing him talk back, respond to his actions. He couldn’t control his feeling.

“How did you do it?”

The younger couldn’t help but ask, as he tightly held Tao’s warm hand, feeling as if he’d start to cry if the other continued to.

“Technology. I replaced all the damaged parts, and brought you back.”

Tao said with a faint smile, trying to ignore the immediate disapproval that covered Sehun’s face.

“But that’s illegal! Cyborgs were banned after the great crisis of 3046, you know that!”

Sehun didn’t even remember to care for his life at that moment, as his concern fell on his loved one. If anyone found out, the implications would be huge, they could even decide to publically execute Tao as an example for anyone else who wanted to try.

“I don’t care! I just wanted you back, I couldn’t live without you!”

Tao cried out, raising his voice as his tears rolled down at a faster pace, his heart remembering the loneliness he felt without Sehun around.

The pounding in Sehun’s head increased heavily,and he could barely handle it, both hands grasping his hair, abandoning the hold of Tao’s hand as he did so.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell. I’m really sorry.”

The older whispered once again, caringly rubbing Sehun’s back, trying to soothe the pain.

“No one can know.”

Sehun said, keeping his eyes closed, as it seemed to help him feel better if he did so.

“No one will.”

Tao promised, leaning in slowly, placing a delicate kiss on his boyfriend’s cheek.

 

The End. 825 Words. 


AN: A bit of a longer one ^^ this is something I wrote a while ago, and it's pretty obvious I was inspired by VIXX's Error MV right? XD