One Last Time - October 27th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU. Sequel to chapter 298 ‘Waiting’.

 

Kyungsoo sat at the window sill, letting the light of a faraway lamp light up that rainy night. He had in his hands a little penguin stuffed toy, poking and playing with it delicately. Sehun had won that for him at the crane machine outside the movie theater. It was such a silly and simple thing, but he liked it so much. It felt comforting to him.

Beside his hip, at the very edge of the window sill, forgotten for a few minutes already, was a little keychain that Jongin had given to him during their time dating.

Kyungsoo was thinking about things, and so he had for a long time already. It was still bright when he first sat on that place, so when looking out the window and seeing the darkness of the wet city, he knew a lot of time had passed.

He had fun with Sehun. It was a good date, and ever since it, Kyungsoo couldn’t stop thinking about it. But he really wasn’t sure if it was something he should pursue.

Saying he had no feelings for Sehun would be a lie, as the young man definitely made his heart flutter more than a couple times during that special day together. Kyungsoo didn’t want to compare, but he would think about Jongin while thinking of making his decision. He remembered how wonderful all started with the tanned man, and he remembered how badly it ended as well. He didn’t want that to be the future for him and Sehun.

But something inside him was screaming. Telling him out loud that it was different, telling him like the sound of a siren that there was something special in Sehun, something he didn’t see not even once in Jongin. And he felt incredibly compelled to listen to that voice.

It was his inner desire after all. He wanted to experience that marvelous day with Sehun again, he wanted to do more things with the younger man, things they wouldn’t do as friends; things that boyfriends do.

He wanted to hold Sehun’s large and warm hand, and lean on him whenever he needed to. But how cold he? After throwing his heart and soul into failed relationships, he felt scarred; it was hard to just trust like that again.

But Sehun wasn’t like any of his past boyfriends. That could be a good thing; that could be it. Kyungsoo decided, for one last time, to jump into it fully open. If things went wrong with Sehun as well, he’d probably give up on dating, but he kept his head up and hopeful, as something felt good inside his chest once he made the decision.

He slid off the window sill, gripping tightly to the plush. On his way off, he pushed the keychain to the ground, but he didn’t notice it, running over to the phone, to call Sehun right away.

 

The End. 484 Words.


AN:

There's one more sequel to go until it's done guys! I'm working on it, I'll make sure it comes out this week ^^

And just a heads up, I already wrote the sequel to those drabbles about Jongdae sleeping in the school~ It'll come out tomorrow!

Ps. I hit 300 drabbles! only 65 more to go!! Final stretch~