Turning Time - January 31st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Vampires AU.

 

Feeling an unnatural force shaking him by the shoulders, Baekhyun groaned loudly, trying to push whoever it was away, without even opening his eyes. He wasn’t done sleeping yet.

“The sun has set, Baekhyun. We have to go hunting.”

Kyungsoo said in a warning tone. They were in the middle of the harvest, and if their nest was to rise their king back into strength, they needed every available vampire to go out and bring back food.

“I’m going, I’m going.”

Baekhyun waved the man away, and heard as he walked away, still not moving a muscle to get up from the bed. He stayed still for a good 10 minutes, listening carefully to his surrounding, the strong and the lazy steps of his brothers passing him by, all leaving, one by one. When the safe house was finally completely quiet, he decided it was his turn to leave.

Getting up slowly, he didn’t make much effort to fix himself, and he was already sure he looked fine. He made his way straight out, and started to walk around the city, aimlessly, searching. It was a dark night, but he had no trouble seeing, and with ease, he saw a suitable pray.

The boy was alone, walking through tiny and straight trails of the park, ones that he considered short cuts to get to his home. His guard was obviously down, and Baekhyun tracked behind him for a few seconds, without being noticed. The vampire finally decided it was time to attack, but just as he did so, the boy turned back. Baekhyun usually hid when that happened, as he was quick enough to succeed, but he just decided not to hide that time.

He stared right back at the boy, looking passed the weirded out  expression, and noticing how attractive the boy was. It had been over a century since Baekhyun last turned someone, he never felt interested enough, but at that time, their nest were in need of more hunters, and the boy seemed nice enough.

“What’s your name?”

He asked, raising his eyebrows as saw his target try to turn back around and run away, but not being able to break away from his stare. That was a useful power Baekhyun had, to be able to freeze his pray in place just by looking at them. It made things easier.

“Kim Jongin.”

The boy looked like he didn’t even understand why he was answering, but Baekhyun was used to it. He often got what he wanted.

“Nice to meet you, Jongin. You’ll be living with me from now on.”

He gave the boy a nice smile, which was clearly not at all comforting to Jongin, whose face contorted in fear as Baekhyun approached him. He was done for.

 

The End. 461 Words.


AN: Happy birthday to me! 20 years old! Man, I'm getting old ^^