Ferris Wheel - December 10th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan was having the best day of his life. When he woke up in the morning, he definitely didn’t expect to have such a great day, and all that triggered that happiness was one simple spontaneous gesture.

Minseok was a good boyfriend; he was caring, kind, helpful; but he was never much of a man to do things out of the ordinary, or just act without making plans first. So when Minseok suddenly called Luhan and suggested they went on a two day-one night trip to an amusement park a few cities away, the Chinese man accepted right away. It was thrilling to be doing something out of the blue like that.

It turned out that Minseok’s work friend had gotten the tickets and booked a hotel for him and his wife, but they had to cancel, so he offered Minseok to take up their reservation if he wanted. Luhan was very happy that his boyfriend decided to accept it, because their entire day was perfect.

Luhan had never been to that amusement park before, so it was a very exciting day, and even when night came, they were still walking around, enjoying the atmosphere.

“Ferris wheel?”

Luhan asked, pointing over to the giant lit up wheel, to which the line wasn’t very long. Minseok just nodded with a smile, and they joined the line. It didn’t take them long to reach the start of it, and soon enough they were in a cabin, and the thing was moving, ever so slightly.

The view was amazing, all the light of the park created a magical landscape for them to look onto. But as they went up, something stuck to Luhan’s mind, and instead of gazing out the window, he mostly stared at his boyfriend. He felt embarrassed to say what he thought, but the day had been so amazing so far, he decided to try.

“Hey… I know this is really cliché, but…”

He started, getting Minseok’s attention. The man’s kind stare made him feel more flustered about what he was about to say, but ignoring the burning in his cheeks, Luhan carried on.

“When we get to the top, can we kiss?”

The man knew that by now his face was probably a single shade of red. He usually didn’t suggest those sorts of things, because Minseok seemed really uncomfortable with PDA, but they weren’t technically in a public place, it was only the two of them in that cabin.

To his surprise, Miseok continued to smile, and just nodded gently. The man then got up and moved over to Luhan’s seat, sitting close to him.

Luhan couldn’t help but laugh, not knowing why he suddenly felt nervous. He had kissed Minseok many times before, he had no real reason to be embarrassed; but maybe because this time he directly asked for it, he was feeling a little shy about it.

Once they were at the top, like planned, they kissed. It was one of the sweetest kisses Luhan ever had, and it let him a bit out of air, like he was soaring on a cloud. Minseok just smiled back at him, probably feeling the same things.

“Sometimes clichés are fun.”

The man simply mentioned, and wrapped his arm around Luhan, bringing him close so they could rest on each other.

 

The End. 553 Words.