Peace Restored - August 18th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Kyungsoo was calmly reading a book in the dorms living room, trying to get some quiet time to himself. He had asked not to be bothered, and for once it seemed like the members had listened. It had been over an hour since he’d been there, and no one had annoyed him.

But of course, everything good ends eventually. Soon he started hearing loud chatter coming from one of the rooms. He tried to ignore it, thinking if the noise didn’t get any louder, he could deal with it.

But of course they got louder.

“GO GO GO! AAAHH! YOU !! YOU KILLED ME!!”

He could hear Chanyeol’s loud voice through the walls, he was screaming so loudly his voice got hoarse at the end of the sentence.

Kyungsoo’s whole face twitched, the anger starting to get to him, but he tried to remain calm. He was in control, he didn’t want to lose his cool.

A couple more times Chanyeol screamed, and Kyungsoo could also hear lower, but equally annoying screams from whoever it was with him in the room. And every single time, Kyungsoo’s face contorted with dismay, but he held it in.

He held it in for a long time, he thought, though it probably had only been a couple of minute, but suddenly he couldn’t anymore.

Getting up, he threw his book back down on the sofa, harshly, as he was taking down a bit of his anger on it, and then marched towards the source of the sound.

Without knocking, he opened the door, pushing it all the way back so it would hit its limit with a loud sound. But that wasn’t nearly enough to get the boys’ attention. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun were glued in front of the TV – Which Sehun had purposely placed there – playing so generic war game, screaming at each other as they tried to manage their team.

Kyungsoo glared at them, getting ready to start complaining, and do anything to draw their attention. But he didn’t need to do anything. Almost at the same time, the three got an awful feeling, and chills ran down their back. Carefully, each looked over to the door, where Kyungsoo stood.

Later on, as the story was told, the three swore to have seen a dark rim around Kyungsoo, his menacing glare looking able to curse any living soul.

So as soon as he spoke up,

“Will you be quiet?”

In a very calm and controlled voice, the three nodded, without words.

And the peace was restored. The boys continued to play, silently, and Kyungsoo returned to his spot in the living room, pleased with the calm and quiet that reigned once again.

 

The End. 450 Words.