Happy New Year - December 31st (Final Day)

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Everywhere around the world, at all moments of that day, there was a party happening. Be it a small and private 2 people gathering or a huge explosion of people, all were celebrating in their own manner.

The seconds ticked near, and all around people were having fun. Familiar faces, new faces; all were getting ready for the turn of the year. The countdown began, and thousands and thousands of voices together counted the same numbers, getting cheerer the lower the numbers got.

In that extreme confusion, 12 voices stood aside, counting down along in their entire glory and uniqueness, showing significant power over the surround voices.

3…

2…

1…

There were loud cheers all along, and fireworks working magic the skies. People hugged each other, kissed each other, and loved each other. But from those 12 individuals, there came silence. They stood in quiet stillness, all at once.

Even though they stood apart, be it by an arm’s length, a few meters, or thousands of kilometers away, in entirely different countries; in completely different parties, surrounded by completely different people, they somehow stood together.

It was like they were whole, for that quick moment where stillness took over their beings, they could feel the completion, the proximity to one another.

They knew a lot of bad things could still happen – many definitely had happened already – but there were feeling that still never changed, no matter how many bullets of pain their hearts took. There were beautiful things that they would always keep safely stored in their memories, for no matter what the future throws at them, they’d always have those special feelings to keep them warm on the inside, ever during the coldest winter.

Happy New Year.

 

The End. 288 Words.

 

 

 



 

 

 

Final Author’s Note:

Sorry for the mellow finale guys! I just wanted to write something meaningful as the last drabble. This was such a busy year for EXO. (But really, it’s always a busy year for them, right?)

 

Ah… Clicking on that ‘Mark Story Complete’ buttom was hard! I don’t even know what to write on this note. It’s hard to believe that it’s over now…

Well, first I want thank all my subscribers, my lovely readers, for following me through this journey! If you’ve either been with me from the beginning, or joined in the middle (even if you just found this story yesterday, and read it all at once), you’re all so important to me! Like I have said many times – while answering comments or making ANs – I couldn’t have done it without all the support I got from everyone! You helped me complete this challenge, and for that, I’m forever grateful.

And a special thanks to all the lovely commenters (you know who y’all are <3 *wink*) who were there reacting almost every day! I know your usernames by heart now, because I kept seeing it so often <3. It made this experience so much more amazing for me, being able to test ideas out and get your feedback! Thank you so much!

 

I have to say (getting deep now guys, sorry >.<) throughout my life, I always had a pretty hard time completing things XD. That’s why I mostly kept to oneshots or short stories, because I was never really able to finish anything longer than that. When I first took this challenge to heart (I first thought about it during 2014), there were a lot of bad things happening in my life, and I just decided to take a risk, and make a change to become a more able writer. I challenged myself to post every day, and even though there were many late days throughout the year, I didn’t give up; I didn’t stop trying, like I used to... And here I am; it is done. This is a moment where I’m actually ok to be a little bold and say that I’m proud of myself. I feel accomplished, and that is good, because I really did accomplish something :D. It’s such a good feeling to find out that you are capable of things if you really put your time and energy to it! Even though life might continue to throw sour lemons at my face, now I have enough confidence to know that I can make a sweet lemonade with them <3 (sorry for the analogy, was the first silly thing that came to my head!).

Now to some more specific subjects I wanted to talk about before this was over:

To the (crazy <3) people who are thinking of trying this challenge: first, I have to say that if you try this, you are brave! This was a lot more difficult than I expected, and it caused a lot of stress every once in a while, so you’ll have to be strong. But I have to say that it was worth it, because at the end, it’s an amazing feeling! An important advice I would give you is to write ahead; have some drabbles saved up for the days when you’ll be feeling sick, or for when you decide to procrastinate. That way you’ll have a minimum of late days during the challenge. I constantly had things written ahead, and I still got quite a lot of late days during the year XD. Another thing that I would like to say is that maybe going for a year isn’t the smartest choice (I know it sounds hypocritical, considering I went for a year XD But I didn’t know what I was getting myself into at the time). Yes, you’d feel a lot more proud of yourself if you made it through a year, but I think that maybe trying out with just a month, of maybe 3 months, would be better. Writing every day is a lot harder than it looks like in our heads :D.

And now about the stories that are to come: I’m talking about all those forewords that I posted during this month! I’m trying to get organized and work on them all during 2016, but I can’t be certain that I’ll get them all done during this coming year. I’ve already started working, and I’ll try my best to not push any to 2017, because I think that’s too much waiting for you guys, and it’s not fair XD. That being said, I plan to take a – well deserved – vacation from writing during the beginning of the year (probably only January, maybe a week of February too, I don’t quite know), so you should only expect a story to be started a little after that <3. (Though I don’t quite believe I’d be on vacation for so long XD I’m a workaholic sometimes… I’ll at least try!)

Now, if any of you have any questions, or want to talk about anything (anything at all!), feel free to ask okay? I’ll be around to answer and talk to you guys, and I’ll be here on the site very often, almost every day; I just won’t be writing fics ^^ (to give my fingers a rest @_@).

 

Anyway, I don’t want to make this too long! I want to thank you all; everyone who read, commented, helped out with ideas, reminded sequels I had forgotten, corrected typos in the drabbles (reminded me what month we were in X_X)… Thank you so much! We did it!! It’s over!!

I love you all so much!! Thank you for reading and staying around until the end with me <3 I can’t even express how much you all mean to me!

*I’m trying not to get sentimental* Now for real, and for one last time in this story,

 

THE END.