Riding a Bike - October 14th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

As Baekhyun waited sitting in the park bench, he nervously tapped his fingers on the wood of the seat. He had been psyching himself out about that day since he scheduled it the previous week. But now it was too late to cancel.

That day, he would learn how to ride a bike.

He was sick and tired of being mocked by his friends for being an adult who doesn’t know how to ride a bike. He was completely done of being pushed out of group activities because there were bikes involved.

He asked the only person he could trust not to humiliate him during that frail moment – his childhood best friend Chanyeol – to help him learn.

And so there he was, waiting for Chanyeol to appear, bringing his own bike for Baekhyun to start learning.

He was a little late, but it was excusable, since Baekhyun had asked for them to meet way too early at the park, to make sure there were not many people to witness his fails. The sun had barely been up yet, and the man knew Chanyeol usually woke up late.

“Hey there! Are you ready for this?”

Chanyeol called out as he pushed his bike over. Baekhyun got up and stared, forgetting to even greet him back since he was feeling way too terrified.

He had been mocked so much, it had almost become a trauma to him. He was actually feeling scared to give a try, thinking he would such too much at it.

“Woah woah, you don’t need to look so constipated dude!”

Chanyeol immediately tried to calm down, as it didn’t take a smart person to be able to tell that Baekhyun felt petrified.

“You’re going to do well, this is going to be easy! Especially because…”

Chanyeol stopped when he was right in front of baekhyun, resting his bike on the bench and opening his back pack.

“You’re gonna have these!”

He pulled out two training wheels, a huge silly smile plastered on his face.

That action immediately made Baekhyun loose up and start laughing. He realized that he made the right choice asking Chanyeol for help, and that now that day had a lot of chance of turning out very fun.

 

The End. 373 Words.