Marry You - August 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

AU.

 

Joonmyun and Jongdae worked very close to each other, so most days they liked to meet half way at a restaurant for a lunch date. They had been doing that for so long already that they didn’t even bother to ask anymore, it was a given that the two would show up.

So there Joonmyun was, holding a table for two, seeing all the strange faces pass by while he waited for Jongdae.

But the other man was incredibly late, and according to the time, he was already supposed to be off work.

After a few minutes of waiting, he received a message from Jongdae.

Sorry! I got caught up with something here at work! I don’t have much free time before I have to go back… can we meet at the park instead? I’m bringing some snacks.

Joonmyun quickly replied and got up, leaving money on the table for the glass of juice he drank and signalized to the waiter that he was leaving.

The park was very close as well, more towards Jongdae’s work, which Joonmyun figured was why he wanted to meet there, since it be quicker to get back.

Once he arrived, he started looking around, searching, but his boyfriend was nowhere to be seen. And only a few seconds after he started to search, a little kid came up to him, tugging on his clothes to get his attention.

“Yes?”

He asked, leaning down and smiling. He wondered if that little boy was lost and needed his help.

“He’s waiting for you around those trees!”

The kid passed the message and ran away, giggling quite a bit.

Joonmyun, still smiling, went to where the boy pointed to, finding it super cute that Jongdae asked the little kid to help him.

“Jongdae?”

He called out, but as soon as he got close to the trees – and eventually passed them – he could see a man holding balloons, in a way to try and cover his face. Not very successful, Joonmyun thought, as it was easy to recognize. He was standing next to a table cloth laid on the grass, with a picnic basket on top.

“What are you doing?”

Joonmyun asked, laughing a bit. He didn’t know why, but he suddenly felt happy, like something good was about to happen. And he wasn’t wrong.

Jongdae smiled brightly, extending out the balloons, holding onto the end of the string tightly.

“Let me start with ‘I’m sorry’. I lied.”

Jongdae laughed a little, and continued to speak as soon as Joonmyun stepped towards him.

“But it was for a good cause. The lie was that I don’t have to go back to work right away, I just wanted to get you here. So don’t be mad at me.”

Joonmyun was not even close to being mad, he thought that was such a sweet surprise. Little did he know that the biggest surprise of the day wasn’t going to be the picnic.

“Joonmyun, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Jongdae continued, and Joonmyun quickly caught up and understood what was happening. His heart started racing, probably just as much and Jongdae’s heart was at that moment.

“What I’m trying to say is: will you marry me?”

At that instant, Jongdae opened his fist, holding what was at the end of the string with only two fingers, so it could be revealed. It was a ring, a beautiful one.

Joonmyun couldn’t stop smiling. He was so surprised, and even more happy. It wasn’t hard at all to answered to that.

“Yes!”

The two were smiling so brightly, but feeling amazingly touched at the same time. They were too happy for words.

 

The End. 618 Words.


AN:

Hey guys. I took a couple of days off, to get some rest and get better, and I think it helped a bit. I'm still sick (X_X), but I feel that I'm getting better. I'm still having a hard time writing though, so please forgive me if these drabbles I'm posting now are bad >.< I can't even tell anymore....