On a Saturday Afternoon - September 9th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Luhan held onto his warm cup of tea, using it to heat up his icy cold fingers.

He moved out of the kitchen, going under the soft and warm blankets he had set up in the couch.

It was a nice rainy day, and after a long week of work, that weather gave him the perfect mood to lay back and relax.

The rain was a great excuse too, because he was using it to avoid any social situations. To every friend that called, he would say the same thing – that the rain was too strong, and he couldn’t leave the house – and they would leave him be.

And so, when his phone rang, he already had the words at the tip of his tongue. But looking at the caller ID, Oh Sehun’s number was flashing, and he immediately forgot about his excuse.

“Yoo~ It’s been a long time since I heard from you, boy! How’s things?”

He greeted.

Sehun was an old childhood friend of his from the neighborhood he grew up in. the two pretty much grew together, and Luhan truly saw him as a little brother.

“Hey~! I’ve been good! I’m not a boy anoymore though, so stop calling me that. How have you been?”

The two were pretty much inseparable, but when Luhan went off to college, leaving Sehun behind in high school, they started seeing less of each other. But they still kept in touch, and every time they met, it was like no time had passed, except that Sehun was continuously growing up. It was hard for Luhan to believe that the boy was now a man, since most of what he remembered was the little kid Sehun, following him around everywhere he went.

“Fine, I’ll stop calling you boy, sorry. I’ve been good too, hard at work.”

Luhan said, simply summing up his life on that last phrase. All he did recently was work.

“Wait wait, let me guess!”

Sehun started, sounding excited.

“It’s a Saturday afternoon, and instead of being out with friends, you are, hmm, let’s see… In your bed, under blankets, drinking tea while watching some silly rom-com.”

It was amazing how well Sehun knew Luhan, and the boy had always been good at deducing things, so he was often spot on with his guesses.

“A-HA!”

But not this time, and Luhan felt excited to show him his mistake.

“You’re wrong! I’m in the couch, not in my bed!”

The older happily said, and he heard Sehun laughing.

“Oh my, what a difference.”

The younger sarcastically said, and the two laughed together.

“You know what? I’ll arrenge some things in my schedule next week, and I’ll go into town to see you. I’ll make you leave the house for once~!”

Sehun said, feeling comfortable with the idea, since it was why he had called in the first place. It had been a long time since they last saw each other.

“Ok, deal!”

Luhan answered.

And right about then, with normal people, the conversation would die down and Luhan would feel the need to hang up. But that was Sehun, and Sehun was different. So Luhan just leaned back on the couch and got comfortable, knowing that they’d be talking for hours.

 

The End. 541 Words.