After Hours - September 1st

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Minseok had finally found the most comfortable position on his bed, and was right about to doze off into sleep, when he heard a loud buzzing coming from his bedside table.

Annoyed, he opened his eyes to see his phone buzzing, mobbing round on itself as it flashed frantically.

Minseok cursed whoever it was who was calling at such an ungodly hour. It was way past midnight, so it’s common sense not to call someone this late.

The thought of picking up the phone didn’t even cross his mind, and he just let it buzz away, closing his eyes and trying to go back to the perfect state he was previously in.

But that just wouldn’t be that easy.

After a while, it finally stopped ringing, and Minseok figured – more like hoped – that the frustrating caller would understand that he was already asleep, and let it be.

But that obviously didn’t happen. His phone started madly buzzing again, as whoever it was continued to call. He ignored it a few more times, and every time, it would just ring again. Minseok got to the point of being really mad, and reached over so he could turn the damned thing off.

As he moved to do so, he saw who the caller was. His ex’s number was flashing on the screen. He had deleted her from his contacts, but it was hard to erase the digits from his memory, as for a long time he knew it by heart.

He decided to answer it, wondering if something bad had happened. Not that he had any leftover feeling or actually wished to speak to her, but if she’s insisting so much must mean it’s something important.

“Do you know what time it is?”

He asked, faking a bit so his voice sounded two times as tired than what it actually was, so she’d know she was being a bother.

“Do you have my Madonna Greatest Hits CD?”

She asked, sounding very mad.

“What, are you crazy? No.”

Minseok responded, not believing he had decided to answer the phone for that.

“I think you do, you should go check! It’s wrong to keep other people’s CDs like that you know? That’s stealing! Go check if you don’t have it forgotten somewhere in you mess of CDs, because I want it back!”

She talked back, getting angrier, and now with this longer speech, Minseok could hear that her words were slurred. She was obviously drunk. That explained it.

“I don’t have your damn CD! I was asleep! This is not the proper time to call someone about something stupid like this! Again, I. Don’t. Have. Your. CD. Don’t call again.”

Still, minseok was pissed. He could have been sound asleep right now, instead he was being bothered by such petty and weird matters.

She was screaming back at him, but the phone was already well away from his ear, and he cut off the call.

He told her not to call again, but he just knew she would, she was drunk. So he just turned off the phone, placing it back in its previous spot, and turning in the bed, trying to find another comfortable position so he could finally sleep.

 

The End. 537 Words.