A Life That Matters - April 16th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Warning: Abuse.

AU.

 

Baekhyun could hear the loud banging of a first against his door, feeling it on his back, as he leaned on it. He had dropped down as soon as he closed the door, and not gotten up since. At first he cried loudly, screaming and sobbing, letting all the pain out. But now that Tao had caught up to him, he went silent, biting down on his lips to avoid making any noise. He just let the tears fall.

“BAEKHYUN!!! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!!! OPEN THE DOOR.”

Each time Tao screamed, he felt his heart being crushed. Everything hurt, and he didn’t only mean the countless bruises on his skin. His mind hurt as well. Abuse had more than one way to hit a person, and Baekhyun felt that the injuries to his heart and brain hurt just as much as the huge and swollen purple bruise around his eye.

“Baekhyun… Come on!!”

Since there was no response, Tao just banged louder, and Baekhyun whimpered. The man was destructive, and Baekhyun knew that if he kept forgiving, and going back to him, it would all happen again.

“Baekkie… I love you Baekkie… please let me in.”

So he had to hold on. No matter what he heard, he couldn’t let his feeling control the situation. It was wrong to love that man, and he didn’t deserve the treatment he got. No one did. So if he just survived through that moment, if he doesn’t back down, and doesn’t give in; it’ll get easier. It’ll get easier to escape from Tao, easier to forget that they ever loved.

It was the healthy thing to do. Because what was happening now wasn’t healthy. And Baekhyun didn’t like it. So it had to stop. It would stop, if he persevered. If he kept to his decision, and gave himself the freedom he wished to have. With no more pain. He was more important to himself that day, and that’s how he wished to be for the rest of his existence. His life mattered, and he knew it.

 

The End. 345 Words.