The Phone Call - July 16th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Sehun and Kyungsoo were hanging out at Sehun’s place, just watching TV, both feeling a bit bored after arguing about what to do. Suddenly Sehun’s phone rings, and as soon as he picks it up he smiles.

“It’s your boyfriend.”

He said, making Kyungsoo smile as well. Jongin was on a trip with some other friends, and even though they talked every day through video call, Kyugnsoo really missed him.

“Put it on speaker.”

Kyungsoo said, wanting to talk too, Sehun was about to answer the call, but he had a fun idea first.

“Okay, but don’t say anything right away! Let’s surprise him!”

Sehun’s smile was bright, and he put his finger to his lips, indicating for Kyungsoo to be completely silent because he was clicking the answer button.

“Hello.”

He tried to say as normally as possible, snickering in silence right after.

“Hey man. I really need to talk to you.”

Jongin’s voice was serious, the most serious either have ever heard before. Kyungsoo was the one who found that the weirdest, because he had talked to Jongin that morning, and he seemed fine.

But now remembering it, Kyungsoo noticed he didn’t talk much that time. He said he was just sleepy and tired, and let Kyungsoo do all the talking.

“What’s wrong?”

Sehun asked, matching the serious tone.

“I cheated on Kyungsoo.”

Jongin bursts out, not beating around the bush at all and just going for it, waiting to hear Sehun’s answer.

The man immediately looked at Kyungsoo, who looked serious and confused, his eyebrows starting to furrow very delicately.

“W-What?”

Sehun didn’t know what to say, a huge wave of bad feeling crashing down on his heart as he watched Kyungsoo’s face.

“Last night. I didn’t mean it to happen, I just lost control…”

Jongin sounded very troubled, and he paused again to try to hear for Sehun’s reaction, but the man couldn’t say anything.

But as it seemed Jongin needed him to say something, he tried, but the only thing that came out was an awkward noise.

“Err…”

And that was enough to make the man on the line go on.

“Listen, don’t tell Kyungsoo okay? He can never find out.”

Jongin’s voice trembled as he said that last sentence, but he seemed pretty sure of himself anyway.

Sehun stared at Kyungsoo, whose face was looking like a mess, so many conflicting feeling rushing by his expression, his emotions obviously causing a storm in his heart.

Sehun didn’t know what to do, and he was actually feeling pretty angry at Jongin too. He just wanted to say ‘too late, he’s hearing everything’, but he knew that’s probably not what Kyungsoo would like him to do. So he just stared, waiting for a response from the man, so he could say anything.

Kyungsoo quickly realized that, and while lowering his head, he waved with him hand, quite exaggeratedly, to make Sehun wrap it up, without letting Jongin know he was there.

“Look, we’ll talk better when you come home, okay? Your flight is tomorrow right? Come to my house when you can.”

Sehun said, watching as Kyungsoo got up and walked into the bathroom.

“Okay.”

Jongin simply answered, and Sehun hung up. He knew Kyungsoo was crying now, and he felt like there was nothing he could do. How could he help a friend in this situation?

 

The End. 561 Words.


AN: 

This is a bit of a heart-wrenching one... (sorry, not sorry :D) I'm thinking of doing a sequel, what do you guys think?