True Home in the Heart - September 8th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU.

 

Jongdae walked in a slow pace, trying to make his way back from school the longest possible.

He was actually very different from other students he knew. His friends were all relieved when classes were over, and couldn’t wait to get back home. He wasn’t. He’d just rather stay in the school.

But that was because his house was different from his friends’. That place was the house a very absent workaholic father, and a slightly violent alcoholic mother, so it wasn’t really a place where he could relax, or feel loved. He couldn’t find it in himself to call it a home.

School was a better home for him. He had his friends whom he loved and loved him back, teachers he looked up to as real adult role models. It was entirely a better place. School was his support system, was what helped him get by each day.

Vacations were painful, days off and holidays seemed useless to him. He’s much rather spend his entire live at school, in that protected building.

And then the idea hit him. What was the point of ever leaving? He was good enough at sneaking around to hide from the guards, he could just spend the night there.

No one would notice he was hone. His father was always off at work, arriving after Jongdae already went to sleep, and leaving before he woke up in the morning. And his mother was always so knocked out with booze, she could barely remember having seen him or not.

That was it, he was doing it. He would camp out at the school that evening, and have a true night at home, able to relax better than at his house. And probably sleep properly for once.

 

The End. 292 Words.


AN:

There, I'm back on schedule again!

By the way, there will be a sequel to this drabble coming soon! and a sequel to the bomb one too~