Looks VS Personality - September 7th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

(LATE)

AU.

 

Minseok unlocked his apartment’s door, going inside and dropping his keys and briefcase in a table near the entrance.

He could hear loud voices coming from the living room, and he recognized both as his ‘roommates’.  Sehun and Tao. The two young boys were always creating havoc, and often stayed up late, disrupting Minseok’s sleep with all the noise they made. But that’s what the man got for renting out a room from a couple of college students, it was expected. And he needed the money, since aside from working 3 jobs, he still wasn’t making enough to afford his mother’s hospital bills, and his own house bills.

So Sehun and Tao were the solution. They shared the bills, and since their families were loaded, the rent fee was a good amount. It helped Minseok keep on his tracks.

But still, there was noise. He walked in, not trying to be quiet, but the boys were so loud that they didn’t hear him at all.

They talked over one another, and in that mist of loud voices, Minseok could make out a few words, assuming that the boys were talking about romance and pickiness, or something of the sort.

“AH! Minseok hyung!”

Tao exclaimed, as he saw the man pass by. That made Sehun turn around, to face the newcomer as well.

“Hyung! Great! You’ll agree with me.”

The boy quickly turned to Tao with a know-it-all face, and then proceeded to speak.

“Tao is saying bull! He said he pays more attention to personality than to body! Can you believe that? So much crap!”

Sehun continued in the same loud tone he had been using before, and that made Minseok cringe a bit, as it made him uncomfortable.

“It’s true!!”

Tao exclaimed, even louder than Sehun.

The two went back to arguing, and Minseok wanted to just walk away and go to his room, as he originally intended, but he had been added to the conversation, and the two boys kept looking back at him. It almost felt like they wanted him to say something, but they were talking so much, and so fast, that he didn’t get the chance to.

“LOOK, LOOK! LISTEN!”

Tao escalated to a scream, to get Sehun to shut up for good so he could speak what he really wanted.

“I know that I may look shallow sometimes, but I’m not! Yes, I do like someone who looks good. You know, a man with a handsome face, maybe thick eyebrows, looking a little rough, but clean and tidy at the same times. And the body is always a plus. Nice, tight muscles, very defined line, sort of like, thin, but not too thin. Strong, you know? And tall, with nice legs; at least as tall as me, or even taller. And a nice sense of style. Fancy tailored clothes, or those chic casual looks…”

As Tao went on with his speech, he started to get dreamy eyed, looking off to nowhere, probably picturing what he was describing. But he didn’t look at all like he was going to get to his point. It actually looked like he had forgotten his point and now was just describing what he wanted his boyfriend to be like.

Minseok, as a straight man, couldn’t possible explain how awkward he was feeling hearing that descrition. He had no problem with the gay boy, but the more Tao talked, the more he seemed to get inappropriate, and Minseok had reached his limit.

But before he was able to leave or even do anything, Sehun – who had his hands on his hips, and a ‘see-what-I-was-saying’ expression on his face – spoke up.

“Tao.”

He simply needed to call out, to get his friend back into the real world. No need to say, Tao looked a bit surprised with his own distraction, and then immediately got into a defensive position.

“As I was saying! Although all that is nice, it’s important that the person is nice too. It he’s a jerk, then there’s no attraction.”

Tao completed, trying to stay high and classy, but when sehun crossed his arms and scoffed, he knew nothing good was coming his way.

“Excuse me? 8th grade, that jerk Park Chanyeol? He was horrible, and you had a huge crush on his just because he was hot.”

Sehun retorted, and Tao gasped, looking incredibly offended that Sehun would bring that up.

“THAT WAS DIFFERENT! I was a kid!”

And so the two started screaming and talking over each other again, and Minseok saw his chance.

The man stealthily sneaked away to his room, closing the door, and looking for his headphones, knowing that the walls alone wouldn’t be enough to stop the noise that was happening.

 

The End. 789 Words.


AN:

Hey guys, sorry that this one was late. Life's been complicated lately, and I just couldn't deal with anything yesterday >.<

Today's drabble is coming right away~~!