The Morning After a Party - June 11th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

Collage AU.

 

The morning after a huge – and very successful, might I add – party is always a bit hazy. I always find myself sleeping somewhere that is not my bed, even when the party was thrown in my own house.

“Chanyeol? Wake up.”

My roommate, Kyungsoo, lazily shook me. I opened my eyes to see I had been sleeping on the kitchen floor, which I’ll admit, is not the strangest place I woke up at after such a night.

What exactly happened in said night I don’t quite remember, but I do recall there being a lot of alcohol involved in the process.

“We have to clean the house, your parents are coming to visit this afternoon, remember?”

Kyungsoo talked to me as he moved in the kitchen, taking some plastic cups out of the way and into the trash, opening up space so he could make breakfast. I was still on the floor – sitting up had been too hard a task for such a hangover mind as mine – so I was taking my time before trying to get up.

“I remember.”

I answered him, and he turned with an amused smile. My voice must have sound terrible for him to have such a smile on his face, as he always took pleasure in my misery.

“I’ll make you a ‘hangover cute’ breakfast, so get off your and start cleaning. I’m not doing it alone this time.”

He complained, and I wanted to grunt back some smartass response, but I couldn’t, because he was right. I had to get up.

In the process of doing so, and now with a better view of the kitchen from high up, I saw there was someone else, lying flat on the floor, face down.

“Who’s that?”

I asked with hope, since Kyungsoo was far more likely to remember something from last night.

“No idea.”

He shrugged, and we both immediately dismissed the topic. There would probably be a lot more unconscious people around the house; there was no use worrying about that now.

It’d be more useful to spend my energy tidying up the place, and let those people wake up on their own, and make their way out. My parents were only coming in the afternoon anyway, so it was enough time for everyone to leave.

And by then I’d be back to the upright and intelligent college student, with the good grade, good eating and sleeping habits, and clean house. Just the way my parents like.

 

The End. 414 Words.