Hold On - March 23rd

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

 

Jongin entered the bathroom, a bit in a rush, but not because he had to use it, but because tears were threatening to leave his eyes, and he needed to hide them.

He leaned against a wall, slowly sliding down until he was sitting on the floor. He had already started crying, and had no more control anymore. He just let the tears come out, one after another, sobbing endlessly.

He had chosen to go to the farthest bathroom, because he was afraid any of the members would find him. He didn’t want anyone to know.

He was a mess now, his nose running, his face and hands wet, as he tried to clean the tears away from his face. His chest hurt so much, and it felt like it would never stop, no matter how much he cried.

“Jongin?”

There was a knock on the door when Suho called his name, and the boy immediately stopped making any noise, but he was sure the leader had heard him.

“Are you okay?”

Jongin couldn’t answer that, because if he tried to talk, it would be very obvious he was crying, and most importantly, he wasn’t okay, so he couldn’t say anything.

He just sat there, quiet, hoping the other would go away for now. But Suho wasn’t like that, he wouldn’t just leave.

“I’m coming in.”

The older stated, and Jongin realized he forgot to lock the door. He tried to move quickly, to lock it before Suho had a chance of opening, but he barely managed to move over. Suho was already in, closing the door behind him, and kneeling down next to the boy.

Jongin looked away, hiding his face. But Suho could see him body trembling, and hear the sniffles the boy tried so much not to make. The leader put an arm around Jongin.

“What’s wrong?”

He asked, wondering if the boy would even answer him, as he saw him start crying again.

Jongin turned to Suho, hugging him, letting his tears fall. He cried a lot, and the older just stayed there, patting his back, in complete silence. After a while, Jongin finally started to get calmer, and he pulled away, looking at Suho.

The older man looked at him with kind but concerned eyes. Jongin could see the stain on his shirt, where his tears had soaked through.

“I hate it.”

Jongin started, and Suho looked confused. Jongin wanted to explain why he was crying, but it was hard to but it into words the other would understand. But he still tried his best.

“I hate being hurt. All the time. It’s always me, I hate it so much, it hurts so much…”

The tears started falling again, and the boy pulled in deep breaths, trying to keep calm. Suho pulled him back into the hug, making Jongin tremble and sob, crying even though he didn’t want to any more.

“You’re the dancer, Jongin. You’re Kai, the dancer of EXO. All dancer get hurt, it’s part of it.”

Suho started, tightening his hold on the boy.

“You’re very strong, and work very hard. You dance harder than us, so it’s normal that you get hurt more often. That doesn’t make you any less strong. It’s okay to be frustrated and cry; you shouldn’t hide from us. We’ll understand you.”

Jongin still cried, but he heard Suho carefully, and somehow, the pain on his chest was loosening.

“You’re going to feel better soon, and you’ll be back to 100% strength. For now, you just have to hold on.”

As Suho said that, Jongin unconsciously tightened his hug, shaking as he held on to the leader, but seeming like he didn’t mean to let go.

“But you don’t have to do that alone. We’re with you, we’ll hold you up. Never doubt that, everyone here loves you.”

 

The End. 641 Words.


AN: Sorry for another moody one >.< I've been gloomy the past few days.... and when I thought of what to write, I remembered how the boys (not only Kai) get hurt a lot, and I just started writing ;_;