Research - October 28th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

High School AU. Sequel to chapter 195 ‘Misconception’.

 

Jongin had become a more observant person. He couldn’t stop thinking about Jongdae’s situation, and he started to realize he should have taken it more seriously from the beginning, since the boy had confided in him like that.

He had asked around the school if any of the teachers or staff had heard from Jongdae’s parents, and as the boy had said, there was no attempt to look for him. He started to believe they hadn’t even noticed he was gone.

He started to think over things that he’d normally just pass by on a regular basis. He started to remember and notice how Jongdae used to stay behind in the school as late as he could, and also arrived incredibly early.

He started finally seeing the bruises as what they really were. Dark spots, purple spots, sometimes quite fresh injuries, where things he always saw on Jongdae’s body; he had always brushed it off as the boy getting injured while playing with friends, but he started to compare. It was nothing like it. Those seemed like obvious signs of abuse, and he felt stupid for having missed it before.

He wanted to help. He knew now that Jongdae wasn’t in a proper living condition. It was no wonder the boy had started sleeping on the school grounds; he probably was suffering so much at home. But still, after being caught, Jongdae would everyday confirm to his teacher that he was heading home. Jongin could see that the boy was doing that so that he would worry, and that really made him feel that Jongdae was a lot more mentally grown up compared to the boys his age.

He wanted to do something, but he kept wondering his limits as a teacher. What could he do? He was scared that if he acted wrongly, he’d only make matters worse for the boy.

So he did his research. The internet had more than enough information for him to make the right and well thought out decision. He looked through all the steps, from reporting the parents, to how he should treat the child, and other things.

He had enough to start acting now, but he hesitated. It wasn’t a child he was dealing it, Jongdae was already a teenager, almost an adult. Jongin thought a lot about how different his case would be, but he came to one logical choice. He’d talk with Jongdae. He’d see what the boy wished to do, and he was a very smart student, who seemed very sure of himself. It should be talked over with the boy before any action was taken.

 

The End. 437 Words.


AN:

There's one more sequel coming for this one too ^^ I'll try to work on it soon~

Now on a more serious note, child abuse (or any kind of abuse) is a serious thing, and it's always smart to be well informed on how to combat it, so if you're able to, take some time to research and learn more about it. Let's try hard to be the best we can all be, and help those in need!