Off-Road - December 11th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Thrill Chasers Oh Sehun and Park Chanyeol had taken up off-road biking, and as they did with everything else they tried out, they planned to take it to an extreme level.

Each week they took another step into the danger zone, and now they were at the most exciting moment.

They were at a secluded area of a mountain, going off-road through their own made path, which looked to not have been treaded by others yet.

They went down it without much care, gaining up speed, hitting bumps and gaining some air with their bikes, stunts that caused them to scream in joy and excitement.

The more danger they experienced, the more thrills they got out of it. So far they had experienced many things of the sort, and nothing bad ever truly happened, so they got cocky, starting to overlook the warning of the people around them, and just going to the craziest ideas in their minds.

But their winning streak couldn’t last forever.

Chanyeol rode a few seconds behind Sehun, and that gave him a perfect view of the accident. In a blink of second, the screams of excitement turned into panic, as Sehun hit a higher bump, and his body flew off of his bike.

Chanyeol couldn’t see what followed, as his speed was too high, and it was less that a second for him to pass his flying friend. Sehun’s bike continued to tumble down alone, and Chanyeol desperately tried to break, being a very difficult task for him to achieve considering his current speed and the inclination of the hill they were in. he almost tumbled off his bike too, before he was finally able to stop.

He was already too far from the area of the accident, and looking back, he could see Sehun’s bike still moving down, slowing down as it smashed against bumps and twigs in the way.

Chanyeol could not see his friend anywhere, and abandoning his own bike, the man started to run back up, struggling against the loose dirt. He searched around, trying to find the exact spot where he saw his friend fling off.

“Sehun! Sehun!”

He screamed out, feeling a bit lost. He was sure he had arrived to the right bump, but he couldn’t see Sehun anywhere around.

“Help!”

He heard his friend’s muffled scream, and moving towards the noise, he found him. Sehun had fallen down into a crevice of the terrain, looking stuck by the dirt and rocks his body had dragged in with him.

“Wait, I’m going to help you!”

Chanyeol screamed, and started to look around, falling into despair. They weren’t prepared for something like that, they didn’t have rescue materials. He didn’t know what to do, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to do it alone, since Sehun seemed to be in a dangerous position with the rocks around him. He needed to go back to the nearest town and get some proper help.

“Just hang in there buddy, I’m going to get help!”

He screamed once more, as he ran away.

That incident would mark their lives, as Sehun would spend months in the hospital recovering from all the broken bones and other injuries.

But amazingly, that wouldn’t stop them. Once the man was healthy again, they would be right back at it, searching for the next thrill to fill their lives with.

 

The End. 564 Words.