Exchange Program - May 30th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Sehun walked towards the gate, all his bags ready to go through security. He looked back at the airport, being easily able to find his parents in the crowd. He waited as they came to him, and the closer they got, the more Sehun could see how sad they looked. His father seemed to be doing his best to hold it in, but his mother was already crying.

“Do you have everything?”

His father asked when they all stopped close by the gate.

“Yes.”

Sehun answered shortly. He didn’t want his parents to know, but he was nervous. Very nervous.

He was going on an exchange program to the U.S., and he’d be away for a whole year.

It was actually something he wished for a long time, to stay away from his parents, and experience freedom, but now that it was all ready, and he was really going, he didn’t want it anymore. He felt like a little boy, wanting his parents to go with him.

But he knew he had to go alone, even if the thought scared him completely. He had to be mature and do it. It was a privilege to do such a trip, he should feel lucky.

“Have a nice flight, baby boy. I love you.”

His mother said as she came closer, hugging him, and then holding his face so she could give him a huge kiss of the cheek. He usually felt super embarrassed when she did that, and even pushed her away some times. But this time it felt nice, and it helped to give him some strength.

He finally smiled, and after tightly hugging and saying bye to his family, he walked into the gate, looking back to wave to the people he was leaving behind for now.

He’d be alone, and have to take care of himself for a while.

 

The End. 310 Words.