Rain - January 22th

365 Days of EXO Drabbles

AU.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he woke up from his nap to hear the sound of his Babyboy crying desperately.

He got up from his bed carefully, taking a quick look out of the window, noticing that the heavy rain from that morning had transformed into a lightning storm. And now he knew why the baby was crying. The thunders scared him.

He followed the whining sounds to the living room, and as he peaked over to see, he could hear the calm shushing from his husband. He smiled at the sight of Chanyeol holding their baby, walking around, humming to try to comfort the boy.

Baekhyun decided to just stand and watch for a bit, as the sight of ‘Father Chanyeol’ gave his butterflies in his stomach. He loved it.

“Shush, my love. It’ll be okay.”

Chanyeol cooed, his voice very deep and soothing, but it didn’t seem to have much effect, so he decided to try some singing, even though he always said that was not his strength, but Baekhyun’s.

“Rain rain, go away, don’t be such a pain~”

That was a silly melody that Baekhyun had made up for other situations just like that, and even though it wasn’t perfectly executed, he managed to snatch the boy’s attention, getting him to go from a loud cry to a soft whine. Chanyeol then repeated, now with more confidence, holding the baby very close to his chest, getting his to calm down completely.

Baekhyun smiled proudly, and without a word, turned back to the bedroom, going back to enjoy the remaining time he had to nap, seeing that Chanyeol had everything under control, and could very well manage without him.

 

The End. 279 Words.